I am so glad that you and the other mom are reaching out for help.
If you really do have black mold, it could potentially be toxic and could cause illness and even death in children if they are drinking it or eating it.
Please stop using your dishwasher immediately and have it inspected. You should have a county extension office nearby that can look at a sample from your dishwasher if you take it in or mail it in. This should be free or very inexpensive. I live in Clayton County and the extension website can link you into the site for your own county:
Also, go read information on mold at the EPA.gov website:
I pray that you all get your help soon and get this taken care of ASAP.
I was a victim of mold in an apartment that I lived in before purchasing my home. It caused me to choose throwing 80% of my stuff away or risk keeping it and contaminating my new home. In addition, me and the kids were sick all of the time while we were there, and I had a miscarriage after we moved. It took me about 3 years or so to get over the effects on my own health. I am still having issues with my memory from the time period when I lived there.
So, please take it seriously and get help now.