Gift Ideas for Someone Who Helped Out in a Pinch

Updated on July 23, 2008
L.H. asks from West Jordan, UT

My mom asked me for help and I had no answers so I'm coming to all you wonderful moms! I need gift ideas for a couple people who gave up a couple work days to help my mom with something. They didn't need to, but really helped out in a pinch. Does anyone have any good gift ideas??? Thank you!!

• Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

Smallavatar-fefd015f3e6a23a79637b7ec8e9ddaa6

C.T.

answers from Great Falls on

She could get them gift cards to a restraunt or invite them all over for a BBQ to say thank you if there was several of them. C.

D.R.

answers from Provo on

I don't know that I've ever met anyone that doesn't love Pampered Chef once they have checked it out. www.pamperedchef.biz/deborahrigley

L.S.

answers from Missoula on

I would buy them a gift card for their favorite resturant so they can have dinner on you/your mom.

C.M.

answers from Provo on

What I did for people who brought dinners over when I had my baby was, I went to Bath and Body Works and bought some hand lotions and foaming handsoap (they smell so good!!). They go on a really good sale all the time like 3 for $10. Then I bought the large Symphony and Hershey bar with almonds and put together a little thank you for them. It was fairly inexpensive to do that for 5 people. Maybe 2 movie passes and a treat would be okay as well if it is only for a couple of people so your costs aren't really high. Have fun!!

D.Y.

answers from Provo on

A really fun gift for help is to get some inexpensive garden gloves & put a tube of hand lotion inside & put a ribbon around it with a note thanking them for their helping hands!

K.H.

answers from Salt Lake City on

This last school year, I helped out in my daughters class anywhere from 1-3 days a week. For Christmas, my daughters teacher, gave us a gift card to the movies, some microwave popcorn and some stuff to make hot chocolate. She put it in a really cute snowman "bucket". One the popcorn was popped, you could more it into the bucket. It was really cute.
For people who have helped me, I haved bought a basket and put in ice cream toppings, and some little sundae cups. I have also done gift card to places that I know they frequent (wal-mart, bath and body, etc)

K.Y.

answers from Denver on

Since I'm always on a budget, cost is a huge factor to me.

Not sure how old these wonderful helpers are....., but:

Gift cards to a restaurant. If you go through couponmom.com and THEN go to restaurantcoupons.com you can get 60% off a gift card. i.e. Spend $5 and get a $25 or $35 gift card to a restaurant. I'm not kidding! Go to couponmom.com and click on her restaurant coupon link.

Homemade stuff: invite them over to dinner. Prepare a special brunch for them on a Saturday morning...frittata, scones, fresh muffins, fruit,mimosas (!) etc. I don't know if they are friends or not, but it might be a great way to bless them and get to know them a little better.

Quality time is so important to so man people so if you can find a way to spend time together AND bless them...you can't go wrong.

R.C.

answers from Boise on

MOVIE TICKETS!! Everyone likes to go to the movies. Or a gift card to dinner at a nice place in town. I think that should do it.

S.H.

answers from Salt Lake City on

Maybe a pedicure or a gift certificate to a spa? I love going and getting a little pampered. I think all gifts and cards are great thank yous, but when I received a gift certificate for a massage at the local spa, it was a real treat. (I have to admit I really like home made treats as well!) Whatever your mom does will be heartfelt and show her appreciation for her friends.

J.H.

answers from Billings on

What about a bottle of wine?

J.P.

answers from Denver on

Love the edible bouquets.....

C.E.

answers from Provo on

a homemade dessert. there's no doubt it's from the heart.

K.M.

answers from Grand Junction on

How about a gift certificate for a nice dinner out? for a thank you.
A gift basket with ?? something nice in it.
A basket with candles.
Maybe something they wouldn't normally get for themselves in a basket?
Good luck and have fun fixing up something. I know I always enjoy something from the heart and hand made means a lot of thought went into the gift.

B.W.

answers from Denver on

I make one of a kind glass pendants. They very inexpensive at $8-$20. They are absolutely gorgeous and make wonderful gifts as they are so unique. I sell at the Bel Mar markets every Sunday and would be happy to meet you at a park somewhere if Bel Mar doesn't fit your schedule. Please feel free to call me at ###-###-####
B. Witt
NaliMak Glassworks

P.B.

answers from Provo on

I think Scentsy is a fun, appreciated gift. (safe,highly scented wickless candles, etc.)

I haven't had a complaint yet.

Check it out if you haven't heard of it..

www.scentsy.com/sillyjilly

J.R.

answers from Colorado Springs on

I think giving a gift card for a nice dinner out would be nice but putting together a couple of fruit baskets and attaching something fun like scratch tickets would be great.

Don't try to beat yourself with ideas, their work came from the heart and so will your gift. Anything you do or give will show appreciation.

J.S.

answers from Colorado Springs on

L.,

My mom helped someone out with a flooded basement and when it was all said and done, she received a gift basket of assorted english muffins with an assortment of jellies. It was very nice and great! Look on the internet and find something like that. Also, I like the idea of putting a gift basket together yourself. You can get a basket and somethings in expensive at ross or marshals. Do like a theme. If they are cooks maybe get an assortment of spices and bbq sauces. Hope that helps!

S.W.

answers from Denver on

Well, I'll tell you...my husband and I literally pulled a burning man from a fire and saved his life. His mother came over one day and gave us a watermelon...and we were very grateful for that! Any little gift would be nice...and also not neccessary, but thoughtful. I'd never thought before to give a watermelon, but what a cute idea!

L.M.

answers from Denver on

Lotions/soaps/balms are great. Lemongrass sells organic, natural products that are great quality and not over your budget. Especially if you just want to send someone a small thank you. Try the website at www.ourlemongrassspa.com/488. I just sent some girls from work some soap and lotion for working a shift for me and they loved it. L. M.

S.B.

answers from Denver on

Go to the Farmer's Market on Saturday (Niwot is thursday) I love the Haystack Goat Farm soaps. Get cut flowers, soaps, and loaf of bread or fresh fruit.

K.H.

answers from Casper on

Gift cards to a store or for a favorite restaurant.

R.M.

answers from Denver on

i like to give a great assortment of things in a huge gift basket. this can be done as inexpensive or as extravagant as you would like here are some things i inclued in various baskets.bottle of champange, sparkling apple cider , wine glasses,candles,boxed chocolates,gift cards to a mall, movie gift card ,box of microwave popcorn, soda, tons of snack size bars, dried fruit mix, cracker jax,crunch n munch, gum drops,,stuffed animals then finish it all up with a basket bag and ribbon . ect.....
all of there you can usually get at dollar tree, big lots , thrift stores,and /or pier one.

here is a new one that just came to mind. in a basket give the gift of gas. include a variety of canned beans and a gas card from their favorite gas station.
my last idea is to return the favor in some way. pay it forward. maybe they have to do a big project of their own and just need a lending hand too. it could be grocery shopping or cleaning a garage out but make sure that the offer is there for you to help out in some way. you are lucky to have friends like that!!
god bless you and your family

S.A.

answers from Denver on

Pedicures are wonderful! About $25, add a tip so its a complete treat! Manicures, Harry&Davids (or grocery store) food baskets, restaurant gift certificates?

L.C.

answers from Denver on

Gas or grocery gift card -- if you want to go practical. OR how about movie gift card or to a restaurant. If they have kids, offer to babysit for them, while they go out to dinner.

M.B.

answers from Salt Lake City on

I'm all about a great harvest gift basket. It looks good, tastes good and you can put as little or as much as you want in it. I usually get a couple loafs, cookies, honey, jam, and a bread knife.

T.S.

answers from Salt Lake City on

Somethings I like to give are a movie night, a box of microwave popcorn, king size box(movie size) of different candy, a dvd (i like to give old movies). Or you could do dinner gift cards, like pappy murphy's then you could add little things to it.

K.R.

answers from Cheyenne on

L., When I was in the hospital with my first Son, someone sent me a Cookie Bouquet. Its like a flowers, but made with Cookies. I'm doing one right now for someone who just had a baby. I made Chocolate chip, M&M, and another type of cookie. You just bake them put them on sticks and put them in a Flower pot. If your interested, e-mail me and I'll give you better directions on how to make them. Not that expensive, when you can always freeze the left over cookie batter and use it for your family at another time. Let me know if your interested.

M.R.

answers from Colorado Springs on

Someone earlier mentioned Scentsy...which I sell. I'm glad someone else mentioned it because now I can jump in and give you the idea of using one of these gifts and attaching a card that says "Thank you for being scentsational!!"

I did want to set the record straight though as far as cost, you could get two warmers and 6 scents for $70 + tax...the warmer plus 3 scent combo is $39+ tax. If those are out of your budget range, we also have room sprays that cost less and are just as wonderful.

If you want to look at any of the products online, email me and I'll send you the website info. :)

K.C.

answers from Boise on

Have you heard of the candles called Scentsy? You can get them local or online. In fact, if you google it you can probably find someone local and close to you who sells them. It is a candle that you plug in and it uses a lightbulb to heat up the little wax bars and it makes your house smell wonderful! You can get a new candle with 3 bars for like $25.00, which I think is very affordable. I have not heard of anyone who doesn't absolutely love the candle and the scents, after they get one. My first one was a gift, and now I have 2, so my upstairs and my downstairs both smell good! Good luck to your mom! It is so nice to hear there are still people out there who are thoughtful like this!

A.C.

answers from Boise on

gift cards to resturaunts are always nice or if its ladies a day at the spa is fun too.

For Updates and Special Promotions
Follow Us