Well, here's my take on this. Faster is better. I have always just made it a policy in my house that we don't fuss around with how we're going to get bandaids or tape off easily. I just say 1-2-3 and pull fast, and then it's over. Kids are hurt worse from the original injury than from taking off the bandaid used to cover it. This may sound silly, but I think it sets your kids up for unrealistic expectations regarding injuries and medical issues. Just pull it off and get it over with. Kids are as tough as you let them be. And by the way, just because there's a red mark where the tape was doesn't mean your child has an allergy to the bandaid or tape. It's a natural skin reaction. A true allergy would cause hives and excessive itching and even blistering when the bandaid or tape is applied. If none of that happens, the redness just goes away and it's over, then ta-da, no allergy. Very few people truly have an allergy to bandaids or tape. But back to your original question, I don't want to sound like a mean mom, but really, just pull it off and be done with it. It stops the drama, it's no nonsense. It's part of life. I have found the more I teach my kids to just deal with the inevitable, the better they are at dealing with everything else that comes their way.