Attorney Referrals for Wills?

Updated on October 27, 2008
J.J. asks from Bellevue, WA
6 answers

I'm looking for an Attorney referral that specializes in Wills. I've been putting this off for so long now that I really need to get this done. You just never know what could happen to you.

What can I do next?

  • Add yourAnswer own comment
  • Ask your own question Add Question
  • Join the Mamapedia community Mamapedia
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

More Answers



answers from Seattle on

This might sound silly, but we used Legal Zoom. It's been endorsed by The Today Show and MSNBC and is a member of the Better Business Bureau. You go online and fill in your information. An attorney reviews it, types up the paperwork and mails it to you. You'll have to get your signature notarized, but most credit unions and banks will do it for free if you're a customer. It cost us just a little over $100 per person (one for me and one for my husband). Seeing an attorney in person will run you about $1000 from start to finish. Anyway, their website is Good luck!

1 mom found this helpful


answers from Seattle on

Alexis Singletary of Singletary Law Offices, PLLC. or ###-###-####. She is a friend of my sister-in-law and has just completed my family's will (husband and I with two small kids) as well as most of my family's. She is in Auburn.

Good luck!



answers from Seattle on

There is a national company called Pre-Paid Legal that offers excellent legal services at a reasonable price. They cover wills for sure, and also many other common legal challenges, such as traffic tickets, identity theft, minor disputes, real estate issues, etc.

I recommend you call their local representative, Tina Schmid. I have worked with her for over six years, and found her to be very honest and trustworthy. She really listens to what you need and actually cares about getting you the highest quality legal advice for an affordable price. Her number is ###-###-####. You can also go to her website at



answers from Seattle on

You're so right J.....when you have kids, you have to take the time to get all of this business in order, as you just never know.

Try Lori Rath, ###-###-####

She specializes in Estate Planning and wills for young families (among other things). She's great! Tell her I sent you! Yep, using an attorney to do your will is gonna run you in the $1000-ish range, but for the peace of mind to know that all of the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed, it's worth every penny, IMHO.

Good luck!

Pam Greb



answers from Seattle on

We went to Price and Farrington in Bellevue. They are fantastic, quick, and charge a flat fee so you can call them as many times as you want with questions without being nickled and dimed to death! We wanted to set something up before our trip this summer and they everything ready to sign in 10 days!

Good luck,

For Updates and Special Promotions
Follow Us

Related Questions