Your Favorite or Most Useful Baby Gift

I have several friends and relatives who are due in the next few months and am looking for some meaningful and/or really helpful baby gifts. It seems like everyone gave me clothes when my girls were born and although they were useful, they weren't very meaningful. And after all, a well-dressed baby still has problems sleeping, eating or whatever! I have hand-knitted gifts in the past but just don't have the time now. Also, any suggestions for an item that you found invaluable that you were so thankful to have?

The most useful baby item I bought was my Boppy pillow. You can use it for feeding, tummy time, and when they get older you can use it to help them learn to sit up. I was thankful to have a baby swing and a bouncy chair for when my son was younger. I hope this gives you some ideas for baby gifts. C.

my most favorite gift to give to new moms is something for THEM. Candles, bubble bath, chocolate, meditations for new moms, teas, etc. Anything that you would enjoy to have a little "me time" would be great.

It is not very meaningful....but what I give (and really use a lot) is a battery organizer with enough batteries to fill it. I usually give this and a little outfit or two.

The Boppy or Bumbo seat for sure!

I loved our Moby wrap - www.mobywrap.com - I could do things while my dd slept, when she was fussy, she would calm right down...and I just loved to wear and hold my baby! :)

Gift cards to take-out/delivery restaurants!

I have a friend that sends a small trinket box to all her expecting friends. Enclosed inside it a little poem about how baby teeth need a place to be remembered. I think it is just so sweet and different.

This one is easy. My favorite gift was a really nice washable blanket. The one we got was from Pottery Barn, made of really soft fleece but had 2 layers. This is a blanket (due to cost) that we would never have bought for our baby--I think they are around $30.00 last time I checked. This would be easy for you because you can get neutral color or blue/pink. We have washed ours a million times and it has held up. It was the BEST GIFT EVER!!

I loved my baby papasan chair! Our daughter was so safe and cozy in it, and it was low to the ground so my 2 year old could check on the baby. I didn't want to spend the $ myself, but a warmer for the baby wipes is nice. After my mom kept warming the wipes in the microwave, I went out and bought one, and it really did make a difference! And a nice gift for a few months down the road is a Baby Bumbo Seat. When you baby can hold their own head up, you can sit them up in this seat. It lets them sit up and moms hands free.

I actually have a couple. The Gerber bowls that you do with cereal. I use for snacks in the diaper bag. I use them for meals-they do have a cover. You can use for play doh to keep fresh. Changing pad for the diaper bag..it is plastic and when they move around you can wipe it down. I still use and she is 22 months. I love the clip on hand sanitizer and the clip on sun lotion for the diaper bag. I guess that is more for the mom but it is so convenient.
Hope this helps!

1 / 3