Your Favorite "Deodorizing" Laundry Detergent

OK, silly question, but I have to know. My children's laundry smells horrible. I can't explain how paint peeling awful it is. And, my laundry detergent is just not doing the job. Right now when I take the clothes out of the dryer, I still catch a vestige of the scent and it's not a pleasant thing. Can anyone recommend a really good detergent that gets the stench out? Thanks!

I do an overnight soak with 1/2 cup of baking soda. Then a rinse, followed by a hot wash with Biokleen laundry detergent, with vinegar (in a downy ball) added to the rinse cycle of the hot wash.

White vinegar. I try to avoid all of the chemical fragrances that are put into laundry products. I no longer use dryer sheets either...the smells are just too strong and who knows what those chemicals might do to a vulnerable body. I use dryer balls now and they work like a charm...just my 2 cents :-)

I have other ideas, feel free to contact me if you'd like. Be well, D.

I wash my poopy diapers in Tide powder and white vinegar. My diapers come out smelling clean so I would think it would work for your kids clothing. Also, is it possible you aren't using enough soap? It sounds like the clothes are getting completely clean.

We just had an issue with a load of laundry and it came down to a shirt of hubby's. What we did was soak that shirt in a bowl of white vinegar for a couple of hours and walaa the smell is gone!! Sooo I think I would try to run some white vinegar in your load of laundry or even run it on a soak cycle if you have one. The white vinegar smell does NOT stay in the clothes. It's a cheaper method than detergent at least. I buy the big bottles at Sam's club but you can get them at any grocery etc.

Arm and Hammer Pink. The resular A& H is good , too but the pink has a nice scent to it that tays with the clothes.

And add a bunch of baking soda to the laundry. I buy a huge box at Walmart and keep it in the laundry room.

Laundry soda detergent even great for babies. Bouncy dry sheets of your favorite scent.

I LOVE Arm & Hammer detergent. My family noticed when I switched to it. It's fragrant & lasts until you wear the clothes! & surprisingly, it doesn't trigger my allergies....

Baking powder. If it is underarm smell that clings to the clothes, make a paste with the baking powder and water, and leave on for an hour or longer if possible. You can also add baking powder with your regular detergent.

1 / 3