Young Girl with "Yeast" Infections???

My daughter is almost 4 years old. She is no longer in any diapers or pull-ups, but is still always getting irritated in "that area". Kind of like a yeast infection. I do have a cream that I got from her doctor a while back that I have to keep using on occasion. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid this. I keep her dry after bath and I wipe her myself after she uses the bathroom. I don't get it????

I have a little girl also that has the same problem. I would love to know some answers also.

I still go threw this with my almost 7 year old. I myself don't understand it. Some say its there diet. That they should have yogart at least once a day to help pervent this. It was bad around that age for my daughter and I kepted her clean as much as possible but she is more prone to it. I would try looking into foods that can help. Yogart seems the easiest for me. Good Luck! :)

Yeast infections don't generally happen to little girls. It sounds more like vaginitis. Red, swollen, itchy skin from irritation caused by bubble baths or not wiping well enough or running around in a wet bathing suit, etc. Then when she pees, it stings the irritated skin. I would go to the doctor again just to make sure it's not a yeast infection or a urinary tract infection.
I would not use bubble bath or pour any kind of soap in the bath tub because it is irritating to the skin- just put a little bath soap on a wash cloth when you bathe her and clean very gently and be sure to rinse thoroughly. Use something gentle like California Baby Super Sensitive and then let her air dry after the bath. Let her go to bed without panties so her skin can "breathe. " You can also use Tucks pads or put some witch hazel on a cotton pad and wipe her with those a few times a day. It will be soothing and help the irritation to go away.

Probiotics for children at least 1 billion count strands. Switch from sugar to Agave.
Eliminate all forms of Diary i.e cheese, milk.
My daughter went through the same problem briefly.
I also have had plenty of children in the office that have had this problem. This can be easily resolved without the use of drugs and especially steroids.
Yours in health,
Dr. V. LaRocco, Health Development strategist
Any questions contact me at ###-###-####

K.,

I think you already have gotten great advice from all the other moms who replied. One added thing: To get good probiotics into her body, order one that is called "ThreeLac" thru the internet (www.kirkmanlabs.com). It is specifically designed to help with yeast overgrowth.
Also, once you start giving the probiotic, don't be surprised if the problem gets worse for a few days before it gets better.

Is she using any kind of scented bubble bath, moist wipes, lotions, etc? Those types of perfumed products have been known to cause genital irritation so if you are using any of those, I would stop. If the infection or irritation is recurring, I would ask the doctor to look into why. If it is just irritation, that's one thing, if it is a recurring yeast infection, I'd be concerned about that. Good luck

I had the same issue. The Dr blamed it on using bubble bath in the bath tub.

Try just having her wear white cotton undies - My daughter had a similar thing and that has helped. Good luck!

My daughter used to have yeast rashes all the time, and I kept treating it as such but they never went away. Turns out, it was ECZEMA...which yeast treatments will do nothing for. I finally brought her to the doctor when she scratched herself bloody, and he prescribed a steroid cream, which clears it right up when the rash flares up.

1 / 3