Yogurt

My daughter has turned 1 year old a few weeks ago. She is drinking milk like a champ. I was wondering if I could start giving her yogurt. Is there yogurt for babies & toddlers? Or Can i give her the yogurt i eat?

Thanks for the advice. I will get her some this weekend.

I used to give my daughter (10 years ago) the kids yogurt by dannon.

Stoneyfield farms YoBaby yogurts are good and full fat. Whole fat yogurts are good for the little ones

As you've read, there is yogurt "designed" / marketed for children. But, as long as your daughter is eating an otherwise well-balanced diet, she can eat what you eat. I agree to avoid the stuff with high fructose corn syrup.

Try Greek style yogurt--you can get it plain or sweetened with cane sugar/honey (pomegranate). The best part? It is super thick and creamy...stays on the spoon better for little ones to feed themselves.

check the section of the store where you buy your yogurt. My daughter always bought my grandbabies when they were little and still does DanAnimals I think that is what it is called. They now have Scooby Doo and Diego, and Dora yogurt. All kinds out there for kiddos.

Of course she can have yogurt. There is some yogurt out there designed for little ones like yo baby and stoneyfield for babies that has cereal, fruit, and yogurt. That's what I used to buy when my daughter was younger but now she is 20 mo. and she eats regular yogurt like the rest of our family.

They make yogurt for kids. It's called Danimals.

Any yogurt is fine. My DD has been eating yogurt since the age of one.
Some advice, when I first started her on yogurt, I learned not to feed her yogurt with big chunks of fruit in it. I think its hard for them to swallow it sometimes. I either would get yogurt w/out fruit or carefully pick around the fruit while feeding.
I know Yoplait will put HUGE chunks of fruit in their yogurt. just didnt want you kiddo to choke.

M. :)

Any whole milk yogurt is fine, but Stonyfield Farms makes baby yougurt that comes in smaller containers and has DHA in it. You can get it at most stores, definately Whole Foods...

1 / 3