Yeast Infection - Tucson, AZ

About two years ago is when I first started having problems with yeast infections. For the longest time I had itching all over down there, but not inside, so I didn't even think it was a yeast infection. My doctor wasn't sure what it was, but said to try the over the counter yeast infection medication. That seemed to work, but never permanently. This was going on when I was pregnant, and after my son was born he had thrush...I assume he got the yeast from me. The itching always comes back, in a few days, or a week, or a couple of months. At one time they prescribed fluconizol(sp), but it didn't make any difference in the long run...still came back eventually. The itching is usually mild as I treat it before it gets bad, but very annoying because it happens so often. It is nothing like a typical yeast infection, little or no itching inside, just all over the skin down there and around my bottom. Anyone else had anything like this? Any suggestions on how to treat it or get rid of it for good? I use the monistat 7 cream...which as I said helps but never solves the problem for good.

Everyone has given good advice. I used to have this problem and only use free and clear soaps and I use oatmeal soap to wash down there. I don't wear underwear unless I'm on my moon time and use reusable cotton pads that you wash. Also JASON makes a witch vera that is aloe vera and witch hazel which cools, numbs and heals. I love it and use it for many things. Hope you feel better!

Hello E.
I have had the same problem in the past. I decided that maybe i just had sensitive skin even down there. I started washing my underwear alone without any soaps just hot water! that seemed to help. I have even tried some sensitive skin detergent that seems to be ok! Also I learned from my doctor that you shouldnt stay in a wet bathing suits any longer then when you are done swimming!! Good luck I hope this helps!

Hi E.!.

I had the same thing happen about 2 months ago. I tried 2 different kinds of yeast infection medicine. Did the 3 day one (cream). Didnt work. Then I did the monistat 7 day ( cream) didnt work, Then I went to doctor and he gave me a pill for yeast infections. Worked a little but still didnt clear up everything. Still had the incredible itching all over like your saying. It was horrible. So went back to the doctor and perscribed doxycline 100 mg. 2 x a day for a week. All Gone I am finally better. He said they drew blood and showed an infection. But still couldnt tell me what kind. But all I know its finally gone. I hope this helps.

Hi E.,
I am sure this will help you. But, It's hard to do. You need to cut out everything white in your diet. Yeast thrives on sugar! There is 5 different kinds of sugar. Carbohydrates are sugars too. Lactose is a sugar and that is found in milk. Galactose is a sugar that is found in pasta and breads, sucrose is table sugar. That is in almost everything. Chocolate, candy, etc. read labels. Fructose is a sugar and is found in fruit. But, I wouldn't cut that one out. The safe way to cut out sugar is to stay away from anything white. When evr you feel an infection coming on, try this diet for a week. You should definatley notice a difference.
Hope this is helpful,
Blessings to you and your family,
N.
www.aromaticbotanicals.com

See if you can get some Diflucan treatment from your doc--it's a pill you swallow instead of cream. Also, Oregano Oli pills form Sprouts have always wiped it out for me and stay away from sugar!!! :) Good luck.
N.

when the body is overloaded with yeast it is in a very acidic condition - you need to alkalize both you and your child's systems and start on some anti-fungal herbs - I work with Amazon Herbs and can recommend some very powerful formulas that will address this condition while at the same time being totally safe and effective - if you are interested feel free to contact me

That happens when I am pregnant. My midwife told me to take aphadopholus (I am not sure how to spell that :)) that you buy at Sprouts or another natural/health food store. I take 2, 3 times a day. Once it's under control, you take 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, and 1 at night. After about a week, you go down to 2-1-1, then 1-1-1. Once you figure out how much you need to not have the problem, you just maintain that amount. So, 1-1-1 might work for you, or you may be able to just take 2 a day, etc.... I don't know too much about it, but it's working for me. You may want to check it out.

I have had yeast infections for a long time. Sometimes it seemed that I would get one right after the other. Very frustrating as you must know. My husband hates that I have to deal with them, so he decided to start taking showers before we became intimate. That has really seemed to help. I guess any bacteria can make it flare up. Like someone else said in a response that she and her husband were passing it back and forth. I also use different types of acidophilus. There are pill, chewable, and liquid forms. Right now I am using probably the same probiotic kind from Sprouts as another woman responded. It is strawberry flavored and is kinda like a tart yogurt. My favorite is the chewable form. I just don't feel eating yogurt everyday. If this doesn't work, I think you might not have an actual yeast infection, but some other kind of bacterial infection. You would think that your doctor would do a test to find out. Hope it clears up for you. I know how annoying it is!

you might be having a reaction to your soaps. If you take bubble baths, that could make it worse. Change your soap, detergents or anything else you can think of.

1 / 3