Y JFF - Your Opinion of the Fabulous Mr. Fox??

Has anyone seen the movie "The Fabulous Mr. Fox"? George Clooney was Mr. Fox. It came out a couple years ago and hardly made a blip in the theatres. I saw it when it came to DVD. And have watched it a few times since then. I don't know what it is about that movie but I swear I could watch it 20 more times without getting tired. Not sure if it's the dry humor, the grumpy cider farmer, or the cute dancing foxes, but I just love this movie! The kids loved it too, but not as much as I did (I think!). Anyone else a Fox fan?

Thank you Thea S for the correction! Obviously I thought The Fantastic Mr. Fox is Fabulous!

I love it too! We watched it more than once when we got it (from Netflix) which is rare for us grownups in the house, and I liked it so much I bought it. My husband enjoyed it too. My kids were sort of neutral. Never met a Roald Dahl adaptation I didn't like. Same thing with Wes Anderson movies so its a win-win for me!

I even quote it sometimes..."if what I think is happening, is happening... it better not be"

:)

Are you cussin' with me!!??!!

We loved it. In fact, the kids just watched it again two days ago from the DVR. They love the ravenous eating. It makes them laugh every time. It's hard to keep them from eating their lunch that way when they get it in their heads.

I love Roald Dahl and I love Wes Anderson movies. Great combination!

We liked the movie, and all the Roald Dahl books we've read.

:)

I think it's actually "Fantastic" but I DID like the movie. It's a Roald Dahl story, and like all of those stories, it's a little on the weird side.

My son and I had read it as a bedtime book, so he new the plot and liked it a lot, but like your kids, not as much as I did.

I love Roald Dahl, and use some of his darker short stories in my high school classes. He is fantastic!

Oh, and to answer your question, I did love the movie! :)

I haven't seen it yet, but it was one of my go-to books as a nanny; even with different families, boys or girls, from age 4 up, the book was a hit. On our rainy days we'd start the book early in the day and I'd have playdough or something else out to keep their hands busy... the writing and suspense are wonderful for kids---they wouldn't want me to stop reading it until we were finished. It still holds my personal record as the chapter book we finished fastest.

Are you cussin' with me!!??!!

My kids LOVEd that movie! They are 11 and 14. They were quoting scenes from it for weeks. Then, when it became available on netflix or whatever, they watched it a few more times. :)

We love those kinds of movies around here.

I wouldn't call myself a Mr. Fox fan because I haven't thought twice about it since seeing the movie, but I did enjoy it when I watched it.

1 / 3