Would You Paint Your Little Boys Toe Nails If He Wanted It?

Every time I paint my daughters finger and toenails, my son flips out... he wants his done too! I usually go ahead and paint one big toe a 'boy' color, and that satisfies him :)

My husband HATES this.

He says little boys should not have their nails painted, ever.

I reminded him that one of his little brothers has been sporting yellow and blue finger and toe nails (his swim teams colors).

Husband doesn't care, thinks it's for 'girls only!'...

Of course, I respect my husbands opinion, but I still think that's silly. It's not like my son is walking around with french tips ;)

I don't see the harm in painting a few toe nails red or blue or green ;)

What about you? Would you paint your little man's toe nails if he wanted them painted?

well, it's not fair for me to answer this question.....because every year for April Fools....I sneak into the bedrooms & paint my husband/sons toenails.

Been doing it for years! They hate it. I love it. Ya' think the dumb bunnies would learn to wear socks just that one night of the year!

Oh, & the best part is when my younger son gets in on the action....& then forgets to wear those socks to bed! That's even better.....

IT'S FINE! They will only see it as "weird" when you tell them to, or they become old enough to realize that they don't want to wear it anymore! I run a home daycare and I think most of my younger boys have come w/ polish on their toes at one point or another! It's not a big deal! There are enough other things to worry about that are actual concerns! Why not have some fun?

When my son was about 3, he wanted his toe nails painted, too.
But I didn't want him to be picked on because of it.
It was near Halloween and they were selling glow in the dark nail polish.
You can't even see it in the day light, there's no color to it and only glows when you shine a bright light on it for awhile.
So I painted his toes. then we had great fun shining a bright flash light on his toes and watching them glow while he kicked his feet around in the dark.
He got bored with it fairly quickly and never wanted his nails painted again.

Here goes 8kidsdad again, saying that the easiest job he ever had was taking care of the house and all his kids. He did it for 11 days so his wife could finally visit her mother, and had the whole household set up for him. And he sticks it in this thread. Why? He just said not to blur the gender roles. Is he saying that painting your son's nails will turn him into a stay at home dad? If that is so bad, why does he talk about how easy it is to take care of kids? Does he think men are beneath staying home with children fulltime? Is he making fun of stay at home moms because he thinks our jobs are nothing? Why is he so afraid of how mothers raise their sons?

I think most moms would say "yes" and most dads would say "no".

Yup.

My husband and half of his friends are musicians. Not only could *I* paint my son's nails with impunity, I've come home to find big, strong, athletic guys debating color choices with my son... and other friends (drama types) using eyeliner on his nostrils or great big poofs & powder to pretend "photo shoot" him up.

If I come home and there's makeup on my son, it's pretty easy to tell who has been over. Dark eyeliner and pixie dust glitter = musicians, light eyeliner (taupish, along with other feature highlights that you don't notice unless you're looking for it) and perfect skin = actors.

Mostly, though... he's covered in a not so fine layer of grit, grass, and mud.

My 4 year old son has two older sisters. He's almost always sporting a nice pedicure.

I would and I have. There's no harm in it!
It's funny what people will come up with to fuss about over the generations.
Some of the scandalous things that society would tsk about include:
Men NOT powdering their wigs
Organ music being introduced to the church (funny how times change, but people really did think that organs only were appropriate in places of "ill repute")
Changing out of long underwear before July
Women wearing pants or driving cars

But now, we have the worst of the worst! Boys wanting to play with dolls and have the occasional nail painted! Oh the HORROR and DEPRAVITY! What will become of us???????
I can think of much worse things. 80's hair and jeans pinned at the cuffs come to mind............ Now those were atrocities!
Hahaha!

Probably not, by my son "picks" his nails so it would just "add" to the attraction!

Just a thought... paint the chickies nails when Roman is napping and avoid the whole thing!

If that's what he wants - let him choose...you are right - sports players do this all the time - heck swimmers even shave their entire body.....

if my son wanted his painted - I'd be fine with it...it's not like I'm making him do it.

1 / 3