Would You Buy a Home with Stained Concrete Floors?

I am placing my home on the market next year and I'm curious to know your opinions on concrete floors. More specifically, would you buy a home that has stained concrete in the kitchen and bathrooms? Would you buy because you love it or buy but offer a lower price so you can redo the flooring. Any and all comments are welcome.

Thank you in advance

I would buy a house with stained concrete floors absolutely! I do hope that the floors do not look faded but otherwise, concrete has very easy up-keep and I think it is a great idea!

I personally love concrete stained floors. However, my mother-in-law has been in the mortgage industry for about 35 years and she says it decreases the value of a home up to 10k because it is considered "unfinished". Just find the right buyer! :)

No way, too cold and hard for children. I have hardwoods and those even seem a bit cold and hard at times.

I love stained concrete floors. But, as a previous poster told you, the mortgage companies don't agree. I don't remember the specifics. But, I was looking to buy my house about 5 years ago. I wanted to buy a new house and the builder wouldn't finish it out with stained concrete floors for that reason. They said that they could lay the carpet and I could have it pulled up and then remove the glue for a "hopefully" clean surface and have the floors stained. No thank you. But, my cousin's entire house has stained concrete floors and she sold her house in a week. I would suggest that you talk to a professional about this. I wonder if things have changed.

To answer your question, I would love to have stained concrete floors.

I would not buy it, but I do love stained concrete. It's just that you cannot get a loan as the buyer with exposed subflooring. I don't consider it exposed, but the mortgage companies do which would make it too hard to get a loan.

I wanted to do stained concreate in a house we were buying to rent out last year, and while going thru the process I mentioned this to the realtor and loan agent and they're the ones that told me about this.

1 / 3