Would You?

Would you be able to be friends with a family, that you know both parents smoke pot? Or would you be a little freaked out or disgusted? What if they had kids?

I am in debate and I am given time to choose which side I want to speak for. I have my own opinion. Just need others insight.

TIA,
Libby

Thank you all for your iinput. alot of it will help. I am pro, i think i am going to take can side to seee more in their eyes why they are con. Its the only way to learn smething. Ill let you know how my debate goes:)

Do you drink alcohol? I am more leery of those that drink than smoke pot. People that drink tend to get drunk or buzzed and say and do things that are embarrassing or at the least annoying. Those that smoke pot, unless they are totally stoned, can function w/ no issues whatsoever - their eyes are just red....

Knowing that they took a few bong hits after a hard day's work would not bother me any more tjhan knowing that they came home from the daily grind and put their feet up with a martini.

Pot and alcohol have similar effects in terms of the buzz they create.

Drinking too much alcohol too fast can cause acute alcohol poisoning, which can be fatal. Smoking too much pot too fast will cause you to fall asleep and wake up hungry.

Alcohol makes some people belligerent. I have never met a stoned person who wanted to fight.

Not my thing, so no- I would not be able to be friends with people who regularly smoke pot. It's not a lifestyle choice that I am comfortable with and elect not to spend time with people who do so.

As long as they didn't smoke it around me or my kids it wouldn't bother me.

Doesn't bother me. As long as their kids or obviously MY kids didn't witness it, then so be it. BTW, what's with all the pot questions lately? LOL

I could be friends with them on certain conditions. I do not think its wrong to smoke pot, but i feel it would be wrong to smoke it around the kids. So as long as they don't smoke near the kids, i would be their friends. and of course they couldn't smoke around me or my family either.

If my friends are willing to forgive all the habits I have that are probably unhealthy, stupid, or uneccessary...why should I care about theirs? As long as it is of no consequence to my kids...It has absolutely nothing to do with me, and is none of my business.

If I had to guess...some of my friends do much freakier, odd, interesting things behind closed doors.

I am a 110% non-smoker -- Of any variety but...

I have no moral problem with it. I rank it right up there with alcohol. Seems sort of arbitrary to me that one is legal and one is not.

The problem I would have would be how a drug is used (whether that drug is alcohol or pot). An occassional glass of wine -- Cool. One glass of wine every night -- To each their own. Putting two bottles of wine in the recycling bin in one evening while the kids are looking on-- Hmmm...Not so much. Making wine in your basement and selling it to others on the street corner - No go.

You could swap out "wine" in the above statements for "pot".

For me, as long as things are done in moderation and child care or friendships and work and finances are not suffering, then you are probably handling your life in a responsible manner.

NO. It's illegal. I have no respect for deliberate, repetitive, illegal behavior. It tells me A LOT about what kind of people they are. A LOT....especially...if they have kids.

Why would I want to be friends with people who think they are above the law? Why would I want to be friends with people who put ME in a compromising position? Why would I want to be friends with people who knowing take part in illegal activity, that could negatively effect their children? Yes, I do think people who every time they purchase AND smoke pot, are knowingly breaking the law and don't care...are losers. Sorry to say, but it's how I feel. I feel sorry for anyone who is fooled into thinking otherwise.

1 / 3