Worst Christmas Gift from Your Husband (What Was He Thinking??!??!)

So someone posted a wish list question and one of the answers got me thinking - what are some of the worst gifts you ladies reciceved?

Mine not so bad on the surface - he got me Precious Moment Mommy / Baby figurines - 2 problems - in years past I have told him I can not stand precious moments stuff AND I used to collect Boyd's Angels but stopped becuase he said we had no more room for figurines but he found room for those precious moments things...

So what have you gotten - I am SURE there are better stories than mine!

PS> I really do appreciate all his gifts, I know he put time thought into getting what he thought would be nice..

This past year my husband FLUNKED Christmas Stocking gifts when I found...in my Christmas Stocking one of those ELECTRIC NOSE HAIR TRIMMERS!!!! And....2 Bras that were at least 6 sizes too small!!! And he wondered why my Christmas Stocking Gifts were still sitting in a small sack...under the tv in the family room in March!!! Hmmmmmmph!!!!
(And before you ask I do NOT need nor have I EVER needed to trim my nose hairs!!!!)

I cannot remember, but I do remember the year FIL gave MIL a Pellet gun for Christmas.. Oh AND a box of pellets......so thoughtful...

I laughed so hard..
The reason he said was because she had wanted a windsock to scare away the squirrels, he said a pellet gun was a better way to get rid of them..
Christmas.. this is the only gift he gave her that year..
Bwahahahahaa!

This wasn't my hubby, but a guy I dated for 5 years once got me earrings for Christmas - problem was, my ears werent pierced, I never even work clip ons that he could have mistaken for earrings. 5 years and he didn't notice my ears, he wasn't a keeper :)

Before we were married my husband bought me a forrest green velour 2 piece lounge outfit - you know, the kind 80 year old women wear? It had embroidered flowers on the chest and everything! And we were only 18!!!

Now, 11 years later, he sticks to the list I give him or jewelry :)

The worst gift my husband gave me for Christmas was a toilet seat. Worse yet, he put a picture of me under the lid so it looked like a picture frame AND he had the NERVE to take it to the mall and have it GIFT WRAPPED!!!

My birthday was just a few days ago and I had told my husband I would really like to get a new laptop computer. He wrapped up his old (ancient) laptop and gave it to me in front of alot of friends. He actually got me a new one but didn't give it to me till much later.

I'm looking forward to the other responses you get. Thanks for asking.

Last year my husband wrapped a gift from our kiddos (who were at the time about to turn 2 and 1), and the tag said "to mommy..." So sweet, right? I was so excited to open it and see what I thought would be a sweet gift inside. What I found was stretch mark cream. Yup. No joke. I was shocked and a bit hurt, but I laugh about it now. :-)

I also remember when I was a kid and my dad planned an elaborate scavenger hunt for my mom's Christmas gift. I know she was so excited, thinking that it must be something pretty incredible if he went to all this trouble. What was the "treasure" at the end of her hunt? A new...
Vacuum! HAHAHA... We still laugh about that to this day.

He only did something stupid like this ONCE. The first year we were married, he got me Quicken software to balance my checkbook (I had just bounced a check because I added instead of subtracting.) He never, never, never made that mistake again.

I laughed so hard..
Bwahahahahaa!

Last year a lottery ticket. I didn't win.

A few years ago my husband set this beautiful professionally wrapped present under our tree. I got super excited thinking, if he took the time to have it wrapped it must be good. Wrong! Inside was a ring he made out of wire and a carrot shaped eraser stuck to the top of it! Why he thought I would find that as hilarious as he did I'll never know.

1 / 3