Witchhazel for Acne Treatment And/or Razor Burn/ingrown Hairs?

I have heard that men can use witchhazel for ingrown hairs on the neck (guess us women could maybe use it for razorburn?) and it can also be use as an acne treatment. Anyone know anything about this?Thanks moms!

I've used witchhazel and tea tree oil for acne and it works great. This is a great article to read more about it: http://www.ehow.com/facts_###-###-####_benefits-witch-haz...

I've never heard of using it for ingrown hairs but I think it would work too.

Witch hazel can be used in a number of different ways:

As a liquid, it can be dabbed onto bruises, insect bites, sunburn, minor burns, poison ivy, hemorrhoids, varicose veins, stiff muscles, blemishes and more to relieve pain.
It can be applied as an aftershave.

It can even help to reduce bags and puffiness around the eyes by letting a cotton pad soaked in the fluid rest on your closed eyelids for 10 minutes.

Fuller Brush sells a wonderful Witch Hazel Lotion, I sell fuller brush and had not really used the lotion until I read about it one day on internet. I started using it. I am HONESTLY and truly amazed at the difference in my skin especially my face. It even helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles.

Trust me, I too was skeptical adn was paying alot for a skin care routine. I put all that in the cupboard and now just use the cleanser and then the witch hazel lotion. Amazing the difference.

Greaseless, easily absorbed, and with a slight refreshing fragrance, Witch Hazel Lotion can be used for dry or irritated skin, as a massage lotion for aches, pains and stiffness, to calm and heal sunburn, and as an aftershave lotion.

Witch Hazel Lotion is great for the whole family - children, men and women. After exercise and a hot bath or shower, apply this lotion to moisturize as well as soothe tired muscles. Great for achy or burning feet, too.

For an inexpensive but effective and relaxing Home Facial: Add a few tablespoons of herbs to a pot of boiling water. Remove the pot from the heat and use a bath towel as a tent over your head. Allow the steam to rise into your face for 3 to 5 minutes. Rinse your face with cold water to remove dirt and close pores. Pat dry and apply Witch Hazel Lotion.

I think one of the reasons I was skeptical was becuase the lotion and the witch hazel water is so cheap, lol.

M. Durbin

witchazel is awesome! you can use it for a lot of things. it is a great antiseptic. this may be t.m.i. but it even helps hemmoroids and yeast infections.

I used it in high school for acne and it didn't burn any worse than the sea breeze cleanser. Worked about the same. I just found out it is what is on the Tucks pads for hemmorhoids, which led me to think that my husband ought to be able to use one of my Tucks pads like aftershave when he accidentally used my razor to shave his face the other night. According to him, NOT a good idea! In my opinion he's a bit of a wuss, but it did make him cry so there could be some validity to his opinon.

1 / 3