Will My Baby Be Able to Do What Other Babies Do?

Hi i am a a mom ofa newborn. Three month old boy. I am working on him with sitting up. But he has not roled over yet or anything. Should he be doing htat by now? When are they suppose to sit up, and do all the other things. I am so clue less about my baby.

My baby is now 9mths old, He rolled over at 4mths, and he sat up own his own shortly after that. We are now workign on crawling and walking, which seems to be a hard task, he rather stand-up all the time then be on his tummy. Thanks for all the comments!!!!!

You are more at the rolling over stage and not even late for that. Sitting up starts more like 6 months. I think you are fine. Enjoy this time of holding and cuddling. You will be chasing this baby soon enough!

My boy sat up at 6 months i think. it all varies baby to baby. i think it is WONDERFUL that you are spending so much time with him!! enjoy every second you have together! maybe more playing and a little less working on skills? trust me, it will happen when he is ready.

I'm a mom of a son 18, 2 daughter 16, 10. Each one of my kids rolled over, sat up, walked at different times. He will just decide one day that it's time to roll over and there will be no stopping him after that. He will probably do it when you aren't looking. They like to do that to us. So just be patient.

Hi L.! I was the same way. I have an 8 month old son and a 3 year old daughter. My son started rolling over between 3 and 4 months and started officially sitting on his own just recently - in his 7th month. You still have plenty of time before your baby can do those things. A good website I found is www.babycenter.com. It sends you e-mails about generally want to look for that your baby should be doing week by week and it has tons of questions/advice.

If you don't have the book, "What to expect the first year" I would get that. It tells you what they should or may be doing when. It'll still tell you though that every baby developes differently. It's interesting reading. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about with your baby. Don't stress too much. If you have questions about his developement, ask his doctor. I'm sure you'll find that your baby's right on target

As everyone else has said, babies develop at different rates. There are many parenting websites available that can give you a week-by-week guide. Three months is still very young. Enjoy it while it lasts! It will be gone before you know it!

Congratulations on the new baby!

HE SHOULD START ROLLING OVER AT ABOUT 4 MONTHS AND START SITTING UP AT ABOUT 5-7 MONTHS. AND HE COULD START CRAWLING AROUND THAT TIME AS WELL OR CLOSER TO 8 MONTHS. MY SON STARTING WALKING THE DAY HE TURNED 9 MONTHS OLD, BUT EVERY BABY IS DIFFERENT, SOME DON'T START WALKING UNTIL A YEAR OLD OR AFTER.

I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR NEW BABY. I HOPE I'VE ANSWERED ATLEAST SOME OF YOUR QUESTIONS.

Let him take his time. He will soon be amazing you with so many things. Congratulations!

Here is a website that will give you info on development. They also have lots of other helpful info on the site, and a week-by-week baby stage newsletter you can sign up for.

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/baby/babydevelopment/663...

Don't worry! He sounds totally normal. My daughter started rolling over at about 5 months and is now 8 months and just starting to be able to sit unassisted, balance herself with her arms, etc. Our doctor says she is right on schedule.

Every time I've started getting worried that she's not doing something she "should be doing" at her age, she invariably starts doing it all the time about a week or two later--I worried about her rolling over and now that's all she wants to do and she's working on crawling.

I recommend The Baby Book by Dr. Sears, it's a good basic "baby manual" for the first two years. Also the Tiny Love Gymini mat is a great toy for babies 0-9 months--my daughter loved hers, it really helped her develop her rolling and grabbing and she is only just now starting to lose interest in it (now she crawls off it in search of adventures...). Here is a link--you can get it at Babies R Us.

http://www.tinylove.com/toy.aspx?toyId=32

Have fun--and enjoy the fact that for now he stays put, pretty soon you will be chasing him all over the place!

Good luck--

Babies develop at different rates. You may see other babies the same age doing something that your baby isn't doing yet, but don't worry about it. Then again you may see your baby doing something that other babies his age aren't doing yet.
My baby rolled over around 4 months, started crawling around 5 months, and just recently started sitting up at 9 months.
Every milestone is wonderful. Try not to stress out or worry too much, just enjoy every minute and offer your baby lots of encouragement.
Congratulations on your new baby!

1 / 3