Wii - Valrico,FL

Hello ladies,

We purchased the Wii Sport for our children this year. The unit came with one controller. Do we need to get another one? DO we need the tennis rackey, golf club, etc? DO we need the seperate charger?

Wow ladies!! THanks for all the info. I will be out tomorrow buying another remote and nunchuk!! I will definately check into the game rental too!! THanks again and have a Merry Christmas!!

You may want another controller. The tennis racket and golf club attachments are fun, but aren't too vital...... (sometimes they fall off if not attached perfectly and can cause damage to the TV) LOL! :)

If you get the Wii Fit, you may want the silicon sleeve for the balance board. (This way the balance board will stay nice and nobody will slip from socks or sweaty feet).

M. ;)

i would definitely get at least 1 more controller and nunchuck. we just got this for christmas also but kept it out. you don't NEED the racket,baseball bat, golf club, etc. not necessary, seems like it would be fun, but it would be a hassle if you are going from one of the games to another as it might not just "click" in. and it would take time. if you have or are planning on gettting any of the shooting games like the chicken shoot or anything like that then i would suggest getting the zapper i think it's called. i comes with a link game and target practice. that's fun.

M. ;)

We love our Wii! I have a five year old boy and a almost-four year old girl. We do have the Wii Sport which is great for this age range and for adults (that may/may not be into gaming) too. You do not need the tennis-golf club kit... you can definietly do the games without those attachments. It is a good idea to get another remote and the nunchucks - I would highly suggest that, especially with four kids and two adults. The nunchucks will be used in the boxing and if you purchase other games, you will probably need that too.

I do want to suggest some games since I wish I had known better...

-Wii Fit is also good for the age range that we have at home. Get it in the combo pack to include the board.
-Wii Resort (get that in the combo pack too).
-Cooking Mama

These will get them off their behinds and they will actually "play".

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

You should purchase the extra controller and I recommend getting the charger for the controllers, it's like $20 at Target. You don't need the tennis racket, etc. attachments though! Soooooooooo much fun!!!

YES! A thousand times, yes! Get another controller, at least one more, and YES get the charger!!!! It will save you money in the long run from buying batteries. Trust me on this. As for the clubs, I wouldn't worry too much. We don't use those much. I have a 9 year old daughter, a 2 month old son as well as a 10 year old girl, 5 year old godson and 7 year old girl that all think that they live with me. Our wii is used often and if we didn't have more than one controller, I would yank my hair out and lock myself in my bedroom with the infant.

Yes on another controller unless you only have one child, and even then it's best to have an extra one. We have 4 so the whole family can play games together (like Mario Kart-- best game ever!!)

We don't have any of the extra things the controller fits into other than the wheel from Mario Kart, which we never use-- so I say skip the racket, etc

Do some research before deciding on a charger. You may want to go with rechargable batteries and a battery charger instead for 2 reasons--- one, you can use it for other electronic items around the house so more bang for your buck.... two, I read somewhere that the Wii remote charger was a fire hazard-- but I think it was one made "for" Wii and not put out by the Nintendo company itself

Hi T.,
I have the Wii with 4 controllers and 3 kids. Yes,you need more controllers, I would do 4. You don't need all the stuff that goes with the controller, but they are fun. Just be aware that boys will do everything they can with it except what it is to be used for:-) I would also get the 4 controller charger, it is much easier! We use ours all the time. Also, rechargeable batteries are a great investment if you don't have them already.

Have fun!!!!

Well you need as many controllers as you want people to be able to play at the same time as some games have up to 4 or more players. We have 4 controllers one for everyone in the family.
You do not have to have the charger pack, but you may want it if you don't want regular batteries. It does work both ways.
Not sure of the age bu the tennis racket, golf club etc. work for your subcontious mind, but is not needed just depends we hardly ever use ours.
Hope this helped you!
Merry Christmas!

Need--a min. of 2 controllers and numchucks

A nice thing--all the cases for the games...but no..not something that you really NEED

The charger? Not a need, but a nice want...we didn't feel this was something necessary. We play the Wii all the time, and the batteries last for quite some time...we only use Duracell and Energizer, tho.

Have a blast with it! :) I know my family does! :)

1 / 3