Why Do People like the Smell of Babies?

I mean, why do people say, "Oh, I love that baby smell?" to me babies smell like poop, or a bit cheesy, especially in that groove under their chubby little necks, where the puke and milk congregrates!

I get it when they just come out of the bath, and they smell like whatever you bathed them with and baby powder, but that is not the baby smelling, it is baby powder...

Am I alone here?

It's fine that you don't like the way they smell, but I love the way newborn babies smell. It's not the powders or lotions or whatever either. They have a very distinct smell for several months. Perhaps it's the vernix or something. They smell fresh and new and wonderful. Also, I never allowed my babies to have that yucky collection of milk and stuff. I always cleaned their faces and necks after a feeding and I removed the dirty bib. =o)

Oh I even like the smell of MY OWN newborn with a poopy diaper - if it's a BF baby anyway... it's the hormones I think... I laughed when I told my best friend I even liked the super stinky newborn baby gas they get the first day at the hospital. Now that is something ONLY a new mom could like.

Hehe.

The top of a newborn baby's head when you kiss it is the best :) It's a sweet new smell only found on new babies. I get it when people say they love the smell of a newborn...

Hehe.

Correction: People love the smell of CLEAN babies. ;-)

Sorry, but I'm on the "smells delicious" bandwagon too! I love that baby smell. It is sweet and cozy and makes me ache to cuddle one just thinking about it!

I LOVE the way babies smell! I agree with Cupcake here, they smell new and innocent and just sweet. Well most babies. And I can honestly say that my baby never smelled gross like spoiled milk etc. Always clean. Probably because I wiped them down after eating or drinking milk because they dribble and who wants dried milk on their face? And because I bathe my child every day and also wipe and powder them after every diaper change, and every clothes change too.

We like to be fresh and clean, why wouldn't they?

Babys actually play chemical warfare with us. They give off signals that attract us to them, so we take care of them --as opposed to deciding they are just a smelly pain in the ***.

The top of their heads smell like sugar cookies or fresh baked bread.!

I had a baby yesterday, his smell is intoxicating.....fresh baked baby

To add.... Not a bit of formula in him, all b milk. It does make a difference - and it's not lotions,poop or powder, it's in their pores and nothing beats it ! Their breath is pretty darn awesome too.

1 / 3