Why Do I Feel like Crying?

First let me just say I did not just have a baby, my girls are 6 and 4 so its not PPD.....

But I am at the tale end of my period, so maybe that is why.

I don't know why, but starting last night when my husband stayed up all night playing video games (when this normally happens it usually does not bother me) and then waking up this morning and getting annoyed/feeling hurt by something normally I would just blow off. And I'm not sharing what that is because it seriously is....nothing to get annoyed/hurt about. And then a few other minor things happening at work.....I feel like crying. Why?

Does anyone else get like this? I can't remember the last time I was like this but I have felt it before. Its almost like a mini depression bout. Is it my period? It's not like I always get like this around a period. Ugh...I just feel like going in the bathroom and crying.

Awe thanks to Theresa N for the laugh/smile.

And thank you all for your thoughts and answers. I am in my early 30's. I definitely wish my husband wasn't a gamer...but unfortunately its his release/hobby. (He doesn't stay up ALL night but I am asleep before he comes to bed. He worked his 4 10 hour shifts this week and sometimes gets Friday off if no overtime avail - so Thursday is a free night) I don't necessarily feel stressed...but then I do think deep down something must be bothering me. Or it must be hormones as I can't think of anything that is worth crying about right now, but I just feel the need to. I might just go in the bathroom and let it out like some suggested because I do think it would help.

Its going to be another 70 degree day here in MI on a Friday...I SHOULD be happy! I'm at work though, indoors, and in a cold old building that you could never tell its 70 degrees outside. Maybe I shall eat lunch outdoors today.

Update___________

So I did a mini crying session in the bathroom.....feeling a tiny bit better. And I also sent a text to my SIL to see if she could meet me for lunch and she can.

Its so good to read I'm not alone!! And the advice has been great!

I get the same way and it's not always linked to my period. Sometimes I just get worn down. Sometimes I just get tired of feeling taken for granted and like no one would miss me if I were gone. It's never over anything big. Just a whole lot of little things added up over weeks or months. Ususally my husband talks me down and I end up crying and feeling better. He helps me realize how fortunate and loved I really am.

I agree. Sometimes you just need to cry and let it out. Hope you feel better
:)

Mmm...definitely sounds hormonal. Maybe you've got a lot going on and it's taking its toll on you. When was the last time you had a good release--tears/screaming/good night's rest/whatever cleanses you? Maybe you're overdue.

:)

sometimes we've blown things off enough that our body is ready to just rid itself in the form of emotions/crying/etc. I have bouts with it. I tend to put on a strong front but can only do it for so long......then it seems like anything will make me cry. Could be hormones too but don't just blow it off as that - keep an eye on your feelings, if it's not just 'one of those days' and it continues take it seriously and talk to a dr. Best of luck!

I've definitely been more "hormonal" since my son was born. It was never a big issue with me before. But I'll get a surge of "issues" in the week before my period and then a day of "issues" right at the tail end. My hubby just loooooves it, let me tell you.

My midwife (who functions as my OB) told me that perimenopausal symptoms begin in the mid- to late-30s and that more frequent periods and hormone-related mood swings are to be expected. Fun, right? But you might be experiencing a little of that....

I don't know how old you are....but my guess is it is your hormones. I used to cry all the time (I'm older now) and it wasn't just around my period time. Shoot....I used to cry at sad commericals! LOL Hang in there....it will probably pass in a couple days. Just have some chocolate and watch a good comedy tonight. P.S.Tell your husband to grow up and get off the video games....I hate those stupid things! (Sorry...I probably shouldn't have said that. But really, all night? Ridiculous)

Yeah, I have had a mini depression day myself. Mostly during my period. That is when I am the most sensitive and self-pitying. I usually do cry it out. Then I feel better and get it together. Sometimes you need that release. I find it's healthier to get it out then keep it in.

Let it out! Crying is a great way for your body to release... stress, discomfort, etc. Could be this strange Michigan air too -- I have almost cried at least four times already today!

You don't need to worry about depression unless it lasts for more than two weeks.

I get like that or just incredibly irritated at EVERYTHING. I think it's hormonal bc then it'll just pass. I had this a couple of weeks ago, had an argument with my husband and a good cry and it passed. So if you can't make yourself have a good cry even though you feel like crying, watch a sad movie and really just cry for quite awhile. I think crying does release a lot of whatever is bugging us.

1 / 3