Whoville Recipies!

Updated on November 13, 2010
C.W. asks from McKinleyville, CA

So this is a very unimportant question...but I still thought it would be fun to ask. My friend is throwing a "Grinch Stole Christmas" Bunko party and we are looking for cute/fun ideas : - ) Does anyone have any specific foods or recipies of things that the Whos ate in the story? Thanks !

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from New York on

I just googled Grinch recipies out of curiosity and saw several websites. I'm thinking since its an adult party you could have green cocktails of some kind. A roast "beast: would be great, along with who-hash and definitely some kind of Christmas pudding (maybe something minty and green to go along with the theme?). This sounds like alot of fun.

answers from Atlanta on

Well, the main food item should certainly be "roast beast" and "Who hash"! I think any roast or turkey would suffice and maybe sauerkraut or corned beef hash or something for the Who hash.

answers from San Francisco on

i agree, roast "beast" is what came to my mind. good luck, sounds fun!

answers from San Francisco on

C., you got all the best answers! I could only think of cookies of somesort as the Grinch doll we have is holding one.
Think I will copy the idea for the Grandchildren on the night I have them come decorate one of the trees!!!
Tell your friend THANKS

answers from Dallas on

A roast beast -
I love to serve this ham because it is simple, has that wow factor and tastes delicious. Serve it with a basket of rolls (I like the King's Hawaiian rolls, they are sweeter) and some Major Grey's Chutney and let people make their own little sandwiches.

Hash - This is a new twist on hash, I love the apples in it, so Fall Festive! Also, another simple recipe!

Happy Cooking!

For more great recipe ideas check out my website

It Takes a Village...

answers from San Francisco on

I saw a book at the library that was a Dr. Seuss recipe book.

Next question: Dr. Seuss Baby Shower