White Towels Now Pink ...

Hi Moms -
I made a basic laundry mistake and washed (and dried!) my white towels with a red one. My white towels are now pink and splotchy. Anything I can do? Is bleach the answer? if so, how much? Thanks!

I would not bleach the towels. They will end up disintegrating. I only use bleach on kitchen rags now- im tired of my towels falling apart and coming out holy!
You can try rit dye remover- but i never had that much luck with it.

Can you just leave them pink and use them in the back bath and buy new white ones for company?

Rit Color Remover has always worked for me. Try doing it in your tub. Use HOT water, add powder, let soak at least 15 mins, drain, rinse, soak again, drain, rinse. Wash as usual. The smell is horrid, but it's worth a shot. Good luck.

It might be too late for this, but there is a product that you put in the wash to soak up extra colors. My son says he saw a commercial for it- the bounce color catcher sheet.

Next time use Shout Color Catchers. They really do work.

Try soaking them in oxyclean powder.

You can use bleach if the towels are 100% cotton. If there is a synthectic fabric such as polyester, nylon, rayon they could turn yellow. You can also get a dye remover at the grocery store. I always use abut a quarter to half cup bleach in all my towels and sheets when I wash them. It kills any grems or mildew.

The other idea would be to buy a dye in a color you like and the dye all of them. Remember if you buy yellow, since they are already pink they become orange or a hue of orange. If you go with grean they come out a grey.

I'd go with the color catcher sheets. I think the brand is Bounce. I've used them a few times for cases like yours and they worked great. Be sure and put them on the soak cycle. Good luck!

I'd rewash them with probably about a cup of bleach. Might take two or three times, but you may get lucky the first time. Bleaching them wont make them weak, I bleach my white towels almost every time I wash them.

1 / 3