White Bumps in Mouth

Hey Moms,
I have a 5week old baby girl. I have started to notice a few days ago that she has white bumps on the tip of her tongue, and inside of her bottom lip. Do any of you know what this maybe. I am a new mom and don't want to over react by taking her to the ER, but plan to call the Doctor tomorrow. She's not running a fever, just a bit fussy. Thanks for all the input.

My guess would be thrush. It's a yeast infection in the mouth. Lots of babies get it. It's very painful to a baby (and mom's who are breastfeeding), but easily treated with antibiotics. I'd call her doctor in the morning!

It is probably thrush ... for guidance (don't take it as gospel) go to www.webmd.com and search "Thrush".

are you beastfeeding? this could be thrush and if so, needs to be treated by the pediatrician. good luck! T.

Hello, She might have thrush, which is like a yeast infection in the mouth, it is caused from milk. Call your Doctor and if it is that, she will need to be put on medication. I hope this helps out.

Sounds like a yeast infection which will require an oral anti-fungal medicine, usually the Dr. will prescribe Nystantin (yellow in color) and also tell you to rinse your baby's mouth out after each nursing/feeding. This is very common and should be gone soon. Take care.

Is she nursing?? If she is and she is fussy when eating, she probably has thrush. It is a yeast infection in her mouth. It causes he mouth and tongue to get a white coating and can become very sore. You can also get it on your nipples. I would check the inside of her mouth. If it has a white cake like appearance and she is fussy and doesn't want to nurse. More than likely that is what she has. It is easily treated. Call your pediatrician and they will give you a oral rinse to use. You will also need to be treated because you more than likely have it also. Hope this help and congrats on new baby!!!

It might be thrush which does appear white film on the tongue and inside of the mouth. I would take her to the doctor and they will probably give you some drops to place in her mouth. I hope everything works out.

Sounds like thrush.....not something for the ER. Babies pediatrician shouldn't have a problem treating this.

Good luck to you and congrats on your baby girl!

This sounds like thrush. I think it is a fungal infection.

That sounds like Thrush. Check with Dr. This is not serious, but common in babies.

Have fun with your new baby. They are only little once.

Grandma of 14

1 / 3