White Baseball pants...HOW??

Hey Mamas!
Any one out there have a recommendation on how to get baseball pants white again?
My son slides a lot, some necessity, some fun, but I have never been able to get the pants white again.
Would love some ideas. BTW for the mamas who don't know. Pants are made from a heavy duty
polyester.
Tired of looking like I can't get my laundry clean,

Thanks Moms! I have lots of different things to try. I've used Oxiclean before, but never for longer than the washer works. Will do the soaking bit. You certainly can tell men choose the colors of uniforms, can't you? Thank goodness, he had black football pants this year.

Growing up we always bleached the beejeebers out of whites, and then added in a little blueing, which counteracts the yellow/grey tinge that all whites are known for. (We did the same for white socks/markings on the horses, as well, before shows... the blueing that is).

http://www.mrsstewart.com/ is the blueing we always used at home and in the barn. The website is, well, terrible. But the product is fantastic.

We have the same pants for my son's t-ball team, and I always wondered, "why white?" I use a combination of bleach and either Spray & Wash MAX OR Shout. After spraying on the treatment, I rub it in like crazy with a brush and let it sit for a while. Then I add the bleach to the bleach dispenser for the wash cycle. There have been occasions, with particularly bad grass/dirt stains, where I have put a little bleach right on top of the other treatment as well and then scrubbed with a brush before putting it into the machine.

J. F.

My daughter plays for a travel softball club and I was having the same problems.. This seems to work for me (she even has a white jersey that still looks brand new!) As soon as she gets home, she takes off all the white stuff and I soak it in Oxyclean for a couple of hours to get all the initial dirt out. Then I do a load of whites with the dirty stuff, use my regular detergent and add a package of the tide stain releaser. It comes in a capsule type thing like dishwashing detergent. Everything comes right out. Good Luck!

Soaking in Oxyclean works best for us too.

I was reading some of the other comments and wanted to share with everyone what I know about bleach. I am pleading with all of you NOT to use Bleach it's really dangerous. Just a few days ago I posted some really good information about the dangers of using bleach on my blog. Please read it. I hope you find the information useful. There are many safe alternatives to bleach that work.

http://healthyhomeworkshop.typepad.com

Happy Washing!
Mom to Miles and DOGhters Halia and Maize

I have had this problem for years. The more I have to wash the pants the better the game was. I have had good luck with palmolive and phelthnaptha (sp?). both of them are bar soap. The palmolive is a green bar about the size of a regular bar of soap. The other is a laundry soap and will be found with all the laundry soaps. It is a red and green wrapper and is a rectangular shape. It smells funny but it works. As a side not I have also used it for poision oak. good Luck and have fun on hte field.

Hi S., soake them overnight in oxyclean (I put a lot of the soap it in the laundry and leave it all night)...if it has stains I do a paste with the soap and rubb it in...and leave overnight soaking...it has saved a lot of my clothes and rugs after bad stains...same with my son's baseball pants. =)

My son has been playing baseball for about 9yrs and they way I clean his pants is with Soil of Love... it's in a green bottle and you can purchase it at the 99 cent store. I also use a bar of soap called Zote. I scrub them and let the soak and then I do let them run through the washing machine with a little bit of bleach. I think that should work... good luck!!! 

1 / 3