Which Social Networking Sites Do You Use?

Facebook? Myspace? Twitter? etc... which social networking sites do you use and why? Do you reconnect with out of state friends and family? Are you promoting a charity or business? Or do you just need a little adult interaction to get away from the kids? ;)

Just curious. Someone was asking me what my twitter profile was and I was like 'WTH is twitter?' I'm so out of the loop. Just wondering what's popular now and what's not (myspace!)...

I use mamapedia (if this counts) and Facebook... I have so many friends and family out of state, or there's people like my little brother who was studying abroad in Morocco and I couldn't call him, so FB has been a blessing in many ways for me! But I also know people advertise on those sites... just wondering which site(s) are important to you and why :)

I love FB. In fact without it, I may have tumbled into reclusiveness years ago.

Talk to all my sisters, other fam members, some Mamapedia Gals....

But most importantly, it's the only place my THREE TEENAGERS are allowed to be, so I get to spy on them everyday!

It's T. N. on FB if you're interested. And no, I don't post every 5 minutes....

'Hubby's off to work'
'Junior at Boy Scouts, doing laundry'

BLECK!

:)

Facebook and Mamapedia for social and LinkedIn for my business profile/contacts
I have found that Facebook is also a great was promote my handwriting Tutoring business

'Hubby's off to work'
'Junior at Boy Scouts, doing laundry'

BLECK!

:)

I liked myspace because I could write little stories, a journal, a blog, whatever and only the people who knew me and went on my site could see it. It felt more personal. I ended up quitting it because noone was on anymore. As for FB, I railed against the boring white page and the freakish lack of privacy---me making a random comment on a friend's statement let EVERYONE she was friends with see it, and if they commented then their friends could see what I said too? Too much for me. I swore I'd never get on. But then a childhood friend who I'd searched for THIRTEEN YEARS to find called me out of the blue one day. (We were college age, both moved about the same time, both our parents divorced and moved away also so we couldn't call moms to get new information, so sad!) We'd both moved more than 5 times since then. But she found me!!! A mutual friend from middle school tried to "friend" her on facebook, and she hesitated but then thought "I wonder if she knows where A. is?" and asked. This other friend, I'd told her a decade before if she EVER heard from Allison to give her all contact info for me! She called me the night she got my phone number, and we lived IN THE SAME TOWN (nowhere near where we knew each other at). So awesome! I joined FB the next day. I found a friend I lost in a war (I honestly thought she'd died in the Srebrenica massacre because that's when all the letters started coming back and the phone was disconnected....and I moved away).....she was fine! She'd escaped to Zagreb and achieved everything she told me she'd do. An old friend in Spain who I couldn't find, because now he's on the news in Moscow (I watch him live, online, at midnight, and chat to him live on FB minutes before he goes on camera). The world shrank big time. I have friends all over the world and get to be more involved in a missionary friend's projects (and they help us with a project we're working on too with advice, contacts, etc). Most of the time, FB is kinda boring to me.....there's a lot of friends you kinda like to see updated pictures of and occasionally talk to, but then there's a bright shining moment when you think HECK YEAH, so glad to know that. (And my husband sniped my account b/c he doesn't have his own, and is friends with a marine friend of mine and they swap "man jokes" to each other like they're good buddies, but have never met, just "friends" because of the link with me). We have military friends who are stationed in Japan and Afghanastan, a cousin in Iraq, and we stay in touch with them through FB too. SO, all that to say----I love FB for staying in touch with people, getting involved in projects and sharing my own, looking at people I knew "from back in the day". And I love this site for talking to parents about random stuff. These are the only 2 networking things I do though.

Mamapedia and that's about it. I loathe Facebook, personally. There was a real funny post on the DimSum and Donuts blog yesterday about Facebook status updates.

Although, with Mamapedia, it's more of an anonymous population. I know two posters personally, and that's it. So I'm not sure if it's truly social networking.

I figure that I'm not phone impaired and I can send individuals email if I need to tell them something. Like to keep it simple, I guess. Friends can peek on on my blog if they want to, or we just get old fashioned and call each other. I would feel more connected with someone talking in person, anyway.

Here and FB. I have a myspace account from back in the day that I'll close once I get all of my pictures off of there. Not sure I have all of them saved anywhere else. I have never been on Twitter and am not sure I know how to use it. When my brother was in Iraq for his two tours, FB was the best way to make sure he was okay. He could reach all of his friends and family with one post whereas he could only make so many phone calls. And we would worry if we didnt see he had made a post in a few days so we would start looking at his friends pages - some of them are like family to us now too.

I'm with you. I use Mamapedia and Facebook. That's it. I love keeping on connact with family and friends that I wouldn't normally be able to communicate with because they are so far away. :)

I tried Twitter (because of Howie Mandel on America's Got Talent), but it only lasted a few minutes. I seriously don't have time to read what celebrities (or anyone else for that matter) are doing every second of the day.

Face book. Mamapedia.

I do have a twitter account. I have no clue what a tweet is though. I have never actually used it......The idea of tweeting makes me giggle though.

Facebook....took over Myspace for me...I am not sure why FB is so much more amazing then MS...Because they were almost the same thing...without the ''Like'' Button.

Now since we live in the age of FB..and the ''LIKE'' button...I wish everything came with one...or one that was for stuff I dislike...I call it my ''POO'' button.

FB is also addicting because of the STUPID games! I mean really where is can someone from the city plant a POT FARM, Grow Strawberries in their Farmville...Then go build a Pyramid in City of wonder. To to mention IT GIRL..The game where you get to take your character shopping and play dress up with her. I went from having a shopping addiction...too be able to spend fake money on a fake person!! My addiction to spend on me has been curved:)

R.
I use Facebook and Mamapedia...don't tweet...have a myspace page but haven't logged onto it in 3 years....

1 / 3