Which New Coffee Maker Should I Buy?

I've HAD IT with my Kitchenaid coffee maker (which leaks all over the place) & would like ideas on which coffee maker might be a good one to get -- on the cheaper end & RELIABLE. I do not want to babysit another coffee maker. THANKS!

After buying a couple of the more expensive coffee makers, we went back to the Mr. Coffee brand. It has been the best.

I am happy with my Cuisinart. I've had it for a couple of years and it works great. I can't find a model number but I got it for about $40 at Costco, and it has a stainless steel front and timer.

don't go with a mr. coffee...mine leaks too!

Hi J., After trying many brands, I returned to Mr. Coffee. It is easy to fill and the filter is large enough so you don't spill any coffee when your filling the filter. Also, it isn't going to cost you an arm and leg. M. W

Braun- it has a water filter with a gadget to remind you when to change the filter, auto timer, reusable mesh screen filter, control setting for darker or lighter coffee brew, special setting for 1-3 cups. Highly recommend. Less than $40 at Target/WalMart.

Also, something fun when you have some extra time is pressed coffee. A little bolder and darker than drip coffee, but interesting nonetheless.

J. R
I love my hamilton beach brew station. It wasn't expensive, but it wasn't cheap. It's worth the money and it's nice cause you just put your cup up to the button that fills yours coffee cup to what you want, no coffee pot to wash or worry about breaking. Hope this helps A. G xoxo

I bought a Sunbeam coffee maker, which is around $10-$15 @ walmart. I thought it wouldn't last that long, but it works fine and I've had it for about a year.

Okay I got a Mr. COffee from Target last year I almost threw it out, because of the water leaking, but instead maybe if it's during the brewing cycle that's it's leaking? Maybe it's your filter? I bought one of those silky-screen type of filters. It's formed to fit and never collapses, I haven't had any leaks in a long time....

I understand about coffee makers, ugh! I had the same problem, but I did find one that is a 4 cupper but it works very well, and my husband got if for me either from Kmart or Wal-Mart, but I think both stores have the coffee maker. It is Mr Coffee brand and I have had it now for about 8 mos and I have had no problems and the cost was no more then $15.00.

Hopefully this helps.

Take care,
J. M

There is a store called Tuesday morning, they usually have good coffeemakers at reasonable prices (Braun, Cuisinart,...)

Whatever you do DON'T BUY the Cuisinart Automatic Grind a Brew Thermal. It has leaked so bad it ruined our butcherblock TWICE!!!! Not to mention it was expensive. Argh!
And, Kitchenaid, with its great reputation, has been a nightmare for us. Our dishwasher leaked and our whole wood floor had to be replaced. It was repaired and did the same thing again. The most they offered me to replace it is 10% off a new one. Give me a break! I don't recommend Kitchenaid to anyone anymore and our company buys about 20,000 in appliances each year.
For what it is worth. Good luck!

My husband & I are huge fans of percolators! You can find new ones online and they make amazing coffee. We like our coffee a bit stronger than most, but some are adjustable. You can't program them, but ooohhh so good! Good luck!

Hamilton Brew Station All the way!!! I have had mine for 4 yrs, it is the best as far as I'm concerned.

Try www.gevalia.com Free coffee maker for trying $15.00
worth of great coffee. Mail order, you can cancel anytime, and the coffee and teas are pretty good.

my two favorites are Krups which i had for 15 years, it still works but i have now graduated (hahaha) and learned to use timers on electronics TO MAKE OUR LIFES EASIER. I now have and just love CUISINART. sorry iam not really sure on the price maybe it was $79.00 on sale???

I have the Hamilton Beech 12 cup (it's black) and you just put your cup under and push, no pot to take out...I saw the other reply, not sure if the same...I know you can get this one at Walmart for around $40. Love it!! It's great for entertaining too....no mess, no fuss.

I sign up for Gevelia Coffee and get the coffee pots for free and when they break you call them up and they replace them free with their guarantee. You can cancel the coffee when every too! It's good coffee but expensive shipping fees.

We have always had Gevalia coffee makers. If you go to their website and become a member of their "coffee club" you can get a free coffee pot. And, then you can cancle the coffee club thing at any time. The coffee is really good though : ) The last free coffee pot I got is really nice & looks expensive...