Which Diapers Work the Best?

We recently switched to disposable from cloth diapers and haven't had much luck finding a diaper that holds up to explosions. We are trying to find the cheapest and most durable diaper. Any suggestions?

When my son was newborn it seemed that Pampers worked the best. Then I went to Costco one day and saw a pack of 237 Huggies diapers for $37.00. For us, that's over 2 months of diapers for less than $40! Can't get that good of a deal even at Wal-Mart. So, we switched to Huggies and haven't had any problems. There was one blowout but that was due to my hubby not putting the diaper on tight enough.

At night - we use Huggies Overnights and they really work to manage the explosions - also try one size up. We used to use Pampers Cruisers at night and we still had messy sheets several nights a week.

I chose cloth for my child's health, but after a while, the service was costing too much. They're not the best for containing explosions, but after using cloth diapers, I felt the safest alternative to chlorinated diapers was seventh generation. They're, unfortunately, not the cheapest, but if you go to 800diapers.com, you can buy in bulk and get free shipping. If you want the best leak protection, go with what the other moms suggest, though, because while we don't have too many explosions anymore, it does happen from time to time.

This isn't exactly answering your question, but I thought I might add this anyhow.
Cloth diapers really are most cost effective in the long run. If you get good cloth diapers, in my experience, they are better than disposables and do cost less overall (especially if you will have more babies or can sell them to someone else). I have used cloth for both of my children and only occassionally use disposables when we travel without access to laundry machines. I have never had a blow out in cloth like I have seen with disposables. I think the elastic helps to hold it in. With the good quality cloth diapers, my son usually needs only 4 or 5 diapers a day. He can go 12-13 hours overnight in one cloth diaper with no leaks.
You can always do a mix of cloth and disposables, especially if you already have the cloth diapers. You can use them when you are at home or during the day and use disposables at night. That will help cut down on cost, too.
If you would like more information about the types of cloth diapers that have worked best for us, please feel free to contact me.
Either way, congrats on doing cloth, even if you're done with it now. Every bit makes a difference.

A.

I first started cloth diapering when my 2nd son was about 17 months. We bought All in one's for the convenience, and they were nice, but once I had my 3rd son, we used prefolds and covers, and I liked that system MUCH better. For the 1st year that was all we used, but now he is at a point where he is too big for infant prefolds, and too small for premium prefolds, so we are now using fitteds and covers, and I have been happy with this system =)

I see you've gotten lots of advice here! But, my youngest (Out of 4 children) is now 3 1/2 mo. old, and i started her out in Pampers Swaddlers, which are good, but have since switched to Luvs. I have found with all of my children, Luvs workes the best at keeping "IN" all of the leaks and explosions! Especially now, at the age my newborn is, she has had alot of explosions! :) She is breastfed too...and breastfed babies have looser, more watery stools than formula fed babies.

So, to end this, i would say my experience as a mommy of four recommends Luvs overall. Plus, i love the price! At Target, they sell for $6.99 a pack everyday price for the jumbo pack, compared to 9.49 and 9.99 a pack for Huggies and Pampers. When they go on sale, it's even better! As lots of Mommies have said, i agree that Target does have good diaper prices. Try the Luvs, you'll like them...and they are true to size...no jumping up one size! Good luck!

Before my daughter was six months old I tried out all the store brands and really had no complaints. Once my daughter became more active I switched to Sam's Club brand, since I found them to be the most durable of all the store brands. My daughter is 16 months old and Sam's Club is still my favorite brand. My daughter goes three hours between diaper changes with no problems. Out of the other moms I know, Huggies is the most popular brand.

I have used pampers, huggies, and now Luvs. So far Luvs work the best for my son. No more leaks. I have tried some of the sore bought brands, but haven't had much luck. My cousin said Targets brand worked well for her two boys she just had to use a size larger. Good luck.

I went through that search a year ago, trying all the generic brands (target, jewel, walmart) and they all leaked. I have since only used Luvs and they are great. A little less expensive than Huggies or Pampers and don't leak. All diapers will occasionally be overloaded with an explosion and poop may come out a bit but Luvs have a great track record with me. Plus there are coupons in the paper at times and they offer a good deal on mega packs

The Sams brand of diapers are best. I never once had a leak with either one of my kids. I think if you don't catch the explosion fast enough, any diaper will leak. Anyway, they are called Smiles and if I had another baby, I would use them again.

K.,

I have 4 month old twins and have found that the Pampers Swaddlers work best for us; they're not the cheapest, but I think well worth it in the long run!

1 / 3