Which Diapers Are Good for Boys?

In the last few weeks, my son's diapers seem to be leaking a lot overnight. Almost every morning now, his pjs are wet right at the top of the diaper waistband. My son is quite hefty at 22 lbs at 7 mo and is currently in level 4 diapers, but those are still a bit baggy and I don't think upgrading to level 5 would fix the problem. I am using Target brand diapers which have been working well up until now. Are there any other brands that you think are better for boys or maybe just better in general?

Thanks for all your advice!! I tried Huggies Overnight and they have been working so far- fingers crossed! I am intrigued by the cloth diapers many of you suggested and will look into using those too.

Pampers always leak, do not bother! HUGGIES are the best. I have tried them all and they are the only ones that have never leaked on my son or daughter. I even tried Luvs and there guarantee of no leaks is bologna. Also, believe it or not, Wegmans(if you have one) store brand is really good too. I start to use them when my kids get about two. They have never leaked. I know huggies are more expensive but you do use less of them because they hold so good.

For disposable, I have been using Huggies Overnites in a size up.
For cloth- We have had great success with cloth diapers. Carol Pitman from Timetochangethe diapers.com was very helpful. The pocket diapers are soooooo easy to use and clean.

Hi N.! I have two boys (now out of diapers) and I found that the Pampers "overnights" worked well. Also, do you fold the top of the diaper over before fastening it around the belly? If not, for boys, this seems to help - you fold the top of the diaper toward the belly - kind of acts like a pocket in case they spray upward. Also, using pull ups at night may help if they make them small enough to fit him. good luck! K.

I always used Pampers Cruisers for my two boys!

My boy is almost 22 pounds and we actually use Kirkland brand diapers from Costco and they are great! We went through alot of diapers ourselves. It's about 204 diapers for around 38.00...which isn't too bad. Hope this helps! - S.

Try Huggies Overnights...work great!!!

Hi N.,
Some people use diaper doublers. I'd also suggest that maybe you want to give cloth a try for at night.
My other suggestion is, perhaps he is wetting several times at night. You might want to check his diaper before you go to bed. If he's already wet then, a quick diaper change might keep the next wetting from soaking through his pajamas. Good luck

generic by day - Huggies @ night!

WOW, that is big boy! I use Pampers babydry but the Huggies work well too. If you get on a mailing list and buy the big packs I don't think they are any more expensive than your
Target brand. I just bought a box of Pampers on sale at Shoprite of 88 size 4 diapers for 20 dollars and used a $1.50 off coupon. Also make sure the ruffles around the legs are on the outside.

My sister-in-law who has two boys now 6 and 8, always swore that Huggies worked better for boys. Good luck!

1 / 3