Which Diaper Holds the Most Liquid?

I have a 14-month-old daughter who sleeps from 6:00pm 'til 6:30am. Her diaper is entirely soaked by morning and, unable to hold any more liquid, leaks and soaks her sleeper. I currently use a Huggies size 3 diaper. Does anyone have any suggestions for a diaper brand or style that will hold more overnight? Thanks!

THE LATEST: After trying different diaper brands and other options, what worked was sticking a maxi pad or a Depends-type pad in the front of her diaper before bed. The diaper will weigh about 50 lbs in the morning, but since we've been using the pads for the last few weeks, we haven't had ONE leak! Hooray!
___________________________________________________________

For those of you who asked, yes, my daughter IS incredibly active-never stops for even a minute-and only takes two 35-45 minute naps during the day. She just wears herself out by the end of the day and that's why she sleeps about 13 hours at night.

So, looks like I'll buy a pack of Pampers and of Luvs (those seemed to be the most recommended), see which works best for my daughter, and quit using the Huggies. FYI, a couple people suggested sticking a maxi pad in the diaper to absorb even more liquid, and since I had a box already, I tried it. Probably a more expensive option, but it worked! Thanks for all the suggestions - I appreciate it!

I have a boy that has had that problem since about 13 months old. My ped suggested using the Huggies OVERNITE. He is only in a size three siaper and almost 18 months old but the huggies start at size 4. They do great for us I just have to pull and overlap the waist band. We have had dry sheets and blankets at night for quite sometime.

Good Luck.

Yes! Add a diaper liner to her diaper which you can pick up usually anywhere you buy diapers. It looks like a thick pad.

Also, I find that Pampers are the best but of course also most expensive.

There is a product out there called Diaper Doublers http://www.healthpursuit.com/Luvs.html I used these when one of my children was in diapers & they worked great!! No more messes in the morning! Hope you can find some!

I have a 15 month old daughter and I have been using Luv's for quite some time. I actually used Luv's a while back but didn't like the fact that they didn't 'stretch' on the sides as nicely as the others. I switched to Pampers Cruisers (which fit her perfectly and she never leaked...but they are pricy). Luv's then came out with a bear hug stretch...and they are perfect! I always thought Luv's had great leak protection...just as good as Pampers...and now with the stretchy sides they are even better! I never liked Huggies- always had leakage with them...and Luv's are, I believe, cheaper than Huggies. I will stick with Luv's! Good luck!

I have 15 month old twins and have been in the same predicament. Mine sleep from 7p-7a. I have tried a variety of different brands, and as much as I hate to admit it, it seems that Pampers hold the most. They don't wake up with wet clothes and sheets. The other suggestion is that you could try a bigger size diaper at night- use Huggies size 4 at nighttime. Hope that helps!

Hi, S.. I have a 17-month old son and have found that Pampers "Cruisers" work best for him. His diaper may weigh "five pds" even after 5 or so hrs of sleep, but I haven't had any trouble with leaks. Just for a point of reference, he weighs 25lb, 5oz, and wears a size 4. I switched from Pampers "Swaddlers" to "Cruisers" a few months ago and really seen a noticable difference.

I used Huggies in the beginning. I quickly found out that you pay more for those and they Do Not Work Well At All!!!!
I use pampers and love them do death. They hold a lot and do not leak. They are cheaper than Huggies too. I go to Sams and buy the big boxes. With my second child I gave Huggies a try again because I was given a bunch of dipers for a gift and well we threw them out after they soaked my son while he was sleeping. He was a newborn and they did not absorb fast enough for them not to leak...
Good luck and I would def recommend switching! You will love them!!

Good Luck.

I'm not sure you'd be game to switching, but cloth diapers are great (better for environment and for baby's skin). You can use a doubler with them to absorb nighttime wettings. If you're in Nashville, check out the new diaper service www.smilemommy.com.

I love the service!

1 / 3