Which Brand of Chicken Nuggets Are the Best?

Hi moms,

I'm going to a Christmas gathering and was asked to bring chicken nuggets. I've bought some in the past that were really good, and some that were not so good. I haven't bought them in a while and can't remember the brand name of the better ones. Which ones do you think are best?

Wow, thank you so much ladies! You are all a wealth of information. I appreciate each and every one of your responses.

I actually make my own because I use organic chicken and they are soooo easy and healthy. All I do is cut up organic chicken breast, coat in bread crumbs (with cayenne is you want a little extra kick) and bake it on 350 for approx 25 minutes. My daughter loves them are they are not greasy, etc.

hi

I buy the Trader Joe's chicken nuggets for my kids. They are much healthier and taste pretty good too.

Tyson Brand Chicken nuggets (I'm not a big fan of nuggets) are the tastiest by far. AND they come from hormone free chicken. You can find them in any grocery store, but the best price is at Costco.

Hi G.,

I used to buy the Dino Nuggets from Costco, but we recently started having Schwan's Delivery and tried their Chicken Fries. The same as chicken nuggets, but shaped like french fries. They are really tasty from the oven, but you can also microwave them (I haven't tried them in the micro because I like the crunch from an oven). They're a big hit with my boys and the other kids in playgroup.

Enjoy your gathering and have a blessed Christmas!

N.

I think the folks who suggest making your own are on the right track. Have you looked to see what is in commercial nuggets? Don't if you ever want to eat them again. They are terrible. For example Mcnuggets have 38 ingredients one of which is dimethylpolysiloxene which is a suspected carcinogen, known mutigen, tumorigen and reproductive effector. They also contain tertiary butylhydroquinone which is an antioxidant derived from petroleum which is sprayed on them or the box they come in to help preserve freshness! So save money and everyones health and make your own!

hi

Hi G.,What does being a Christian have to do with Chicken Nuggets?Buy Chicken breast, pound it flat with a meat mallet.  Cut the breast into 1"X1 1 1/2"strips.  Dip in egg or milk then bread crumbs seasoned with salt&pepper. Either bake or fry on low heat use olive oil.  Drain on paper towel.  Not processed, full of vitamin B & protein. Cheaper then the packaged & processed garbage. Make a lot and freeze!

Tyson makes 100% natural nuggets now!!

G.,
My kids ages 27 years, 25 years and 19 years LOVE the costco Dino bites...good luck.
A.

I have found that the Foster Farms brand is really good. My son enjoys them, as well as myself.

If you have Schwans delivery trucks in your area, they carry the best chicken nuggets. A little pricey but they are even good microwaved and then dipped in the ranch dressing you make from the package.

Our family likes the Kirkland brand ones from Costco best. We've tried the dino types and there's very little soft meat and Kirklands actually are soft white meat inside, think McNuggets, but better. We either microwave or bake them.

I like the "Dino-nuggets" I think that is what they are called. You can get them at Costco, or I have seen them at Raley's too. I have a friend who runs a daycare. According to her they are the best chicken nuggets you can buy. Good Luck.

i don't know which are best, but safeway has organic frozen chicken nuggets that usually are on sale. my daughter (14 months) also likes the tyson chicken sticks, says all natural.

My 4 year old loves chicken nuggets and asks for them almost every night (we only give into this request once every week or so though)so to try and keep them healither we only buy the kind made from a chicken breast, Costco has a few different bags to choose from, and being Costco the bags are HUGE... Good luck on your quest!

We've gotten our nuggets at Costco. At our house, we really liked the "popcorn chicken" (like nuggets of different sizes). Nobody liked the Dinosaur ones even though they had cool shapes (we had those a year or two ago). But we just had some dinosaur nuggets at a friends house about a month ago and they were good then. (Maybe the recipe changed or I had cooked them wrong?)

Hi G.,

The only chicken nuggets that we like are the dino ones from Costco. They are all white meat, and actually taste good. No funky textures either.

My family and I like the Popcorn chicken from Costco. They are very tasty.