Where Would the Perfect Honeymoon Be?

My hubby and I never got to go on a honeymoon--this year, for our anniversary I want to surprise him with one! Where would you think the perfect honeymoon would be and why?

We went to Vegas some 19 years ago. We had a great time but SIX DAYS was much too long. There's no reason to be in Las Vegas for SIX days!

VEGAS BABY!!! lol I think anywhere kid free would be a great honeymoon. Best of luck to you. and Happy anniversary.

We had our perfect honeymoon at The Homestead in Hot Springs, VA. I didn't want to spend my honeymoon stressed out from traveling nor did I want to spend countless hours in airports. With that in mind, my husband and I drove a few hours (through BEAUTIFUL landscapes) to The Homestead. We stayed in a great room with complimentary champagne and strawberries. We were pampered in the spa with massages and mineral baths. We ate the most amazing meals. We lounged in the indoor pool and walked the grounds during the day. It was so relaxing after all the stress of a wedding! I can't wait to go back one day!!! It was perfect for us but everyone is different.

Spain
Corsica
Greek Isles.
Madagascar

just really great/diverse/historically interesting places.
Scenery, of course too.

Anyplace without the children. :-)

We never had a honeymoon either, but someday I'd like to take a trip with just the two of us (once we have money and the kids are old enough). My perfect honeymoom would be Hawaii, because I love beaches and tropical paradise. But it depends on what you and your husband like; my brother-in-law and his wife went to Whistler, Canada for their honeymoon. They like skiing and outdoorsy stuff and snow, so that was perfect for them. If you like being outdoors and not being touristy, there are so many beautiful places to camp that would be fun. I also love Italy, it is so beautiful there (as are many places in Europe)...there are so many possibilities, both here in the U.S. and abroad. Whatever you decide, have fun!

we did Vegas..wouldnt have it any othe way!!!....especially if you have never been there

Italy would be great: beautiful place, rich history, excellent mythology, great architecture, art, museums, and great food.

What do you both love to do? Are you warm weather people or cold weather people? Active or relaxers, adventurous our not really into trying new things? The answers determine what would be perfect. Have fun!

MY husband and I went on a cruise and we thought it was perfect. We had people catering to use because they knew we were honeymooners and we went on a lot of romantic excursions or relaxed by the pool or just stayed in our room :) We had one with a balcony so we had breakfast in bed most of the mornings.

I don't know if money is an issue. I see you live in Newport News, so you are used to going to the beach.

If I had money, I would go tropical, but I don't.

You may want to try Berkley Springs West Virginia. Beautiful, great restaurants, crafters, and hot springs used by George Washington. Get a massage then share a private giant healing spring water bath with your hubby.

If you like to hike, we had great fun in Gatlinberg, TN too.

Maldives---if money is no issue. . .lol My dream place. . .

But I also love Hawaii---Maui is the best.

I like water and sun. So i would like to go to an island with a beach with not so many people. I'd like to swim all day and sit on the beach drinking and eating yummy stuff.

I think you should go somewhere that is warm and tropical! If he likes water that is....like jamaica, barbados, st. tropez, or even hawaii! Good luck planning!

M

Stowe, Vermont.
Excellent inns, great food, super skiing.
YMMV
LBC

well I will second the Whistler idea, you can ski, hike mountain trails with waterfalls, and a quick drive down the coast & you have beaches galore. Its beautiful, and all the gulf islands are close too.... Many improvements were done because of the Olympics, so great driving & spots to stay :) (Im lucky to live in beautiful BC :)

Hawaii or Tahiti!!!!

Fiji...in one of those cute lil' huts that sit directly over the water, with glass on the floor to see the fish... and you can jump straight of your balcony into the ocean!

Heaven!

Hanalei, Kauai -Hawaii. It's paradise on the north shore! Plenty of outdoor action if you want it and plenty of leisurely romance if you don't! St. John VI is lovely too as are the BVI. Depending on your interests, Spain, Italy or the lake country area of England would be lovely! Costa Rica is also a beautiful, friendly and fantastic adventure!

Aitutaki Lagoon, Cook Islands. Paradise on Earth.

St. Thomas, U. S. Virgin islands

We are spending a week and a half in Italy. My daughter and I went there last year and all I kept thinking was I wish Troy was here so now he will be. :)