Where Were You When Your Water Broke?

I keep having these dreams about going into labor... I'm so ready and we were certain this would have happened like 2 weeks ago (the odds of me carrying to term were like 10%) and here I am at almost 38 weeks (SIGH). With my first I was sitting on the couch and thought I peed on myself, my husband needed me outside and it happened again so I rushed to the bathroom and BAM it was all over the floor.. I haven't even had as much as a false contraction in like a week and I'm going INSANE... last night I had a dream that my water broke while I was wearing my favorite UGGS and I was so happy/mad at the same time lol.. crazy I know.

So you ladies that had your water break before you were actually contracting where were you? Any crazy places, like the grocery store? I need something to take my mind off my back, my feet and my heart burn LOL.

Oh my gosh, I feel for you. I had my son at 38 weeks, and I was so excited when they sent me to the hospital (even though it was because of preeclampsia) because I just wanted him out!
I don't have an exciting "water breaking" story because they broke my water in the hospital. However, one of my fears were that my water were to break at work - that would have been embarrassing for me as my office has carpet!

I was in bed too. Woke up 5am ish, and sat up an felt a gush. Meconium in the fluid...very gross! My pants didn't do as well as the poster before me. After sitting in my belongings bag for a few days, I had to pitch them. I had not had contractions, but had very bad pain my back for a week. even when to the ER a few days before...they said it could have been back labor? in the end, my contractions never even got strong enough to deliver!

In the hospital... both times. I didn't mess up anybody's floor, or car, or couch.

But... my husband's cousin's wife broke her water 6 weeks early while she was standing in the bathroom at home. She felt a huge pain, stepped into the bathtub, screamed for her husband, and sat down, just to deliver her baby in her own hands. Her husband ran in, saw what happened, ran out and got the phone, and called 911. They helped talk him through how to cut the cord and all that. The ambulance arrived after he finished. That baby just graduated from college in June!

5am as I was getting up to go to the bathroom. All 4 kids, same timing.

I was taking a shower but didn't realize that's what happened. I joked with my husband when I got out..how would you know if you're in the shower? I had another gush as I was getting dressed and that's when I realized what it was. I wasn't feeling anything that was any different hen I'd felt for several weeks. He was born 9 hours later or so.
My second and third my water didn't break until right before they were born. I think my second the bag didn't break until he was actually born.

No crazy stuff I was laying in the hospital bed both times being induced :)

Sorry-no exciting story here! LOL

I was sick as a dog, middle of the night, coughing and coughing.
Got up to pee, went to the bathroom and though...."that was odd....."
Yep--sitting on the toilet. Pretty textbook, huh?

Mine was in the hospital, but weird timing.

I was induced and not progressing, even after cervical massage, so the doctor said that after I got the epidural she would come in and break my water for me. Well after 6 attempts while I sat on the bed folded like a pretzel, they finally got the epidural in (which didn't last at all) then the nurse came in to get me comfortable again and as soon as I laid back the flood gates opened. It was the best release I ever felt, haha. I think I was just scared of the huge plastic knitting needle they use coming anywhere near my lady parts. :)

If I had to guess I would have to say at the birthday party for my friend's 2 year old. I've had some time to reminisce on this one. For the last few weeks I was pregnant I had some tough days of constipation. Went to the birthday party and had to go to the bathroom - no gush but just a trickle (normal bathroom stuff) After the birthday party we went shopping, no real change but I felt more discharge (normal late pregnancy discharge - I thought). Went to company bowling party ( I wasn't due for 2 weeks but I didn't bowl either) I felt same type of constipation pains but nothing bit.

I went home that night and took a shower. Again no gush just a little more discharge than normal. I didn't lose my mucus plug or anything so I was completely clueless. Shower didn't help me to be more comfortable so I went to bed. When I couldn't sleep or get comfortable I called the Doctor. She thought they were contractions. If they were I was having small ones all day and just didn't know it. I didn't notice anything like a gush when my water broke just more moisture down there - that was at the birthday party. When the pains got 4 minutes apart I went to the hospital and they asked me if my water broke. I truthfully had no clue so they checked and it had.

With my second I went into the hospital to be induced and while I was changing into the hospital gown my water broke. No gush just felt like I peed myself. Saved the Doctor a task she would have had to do.

With # 1 and #3 the nurses broke my water.....with #2 i was in bed sleeping....was scheduled for an induction at 6am and it it broke at 2am. my dd was born at 5;51 AM.......my dr joked that was a quick labor, negative 9 minutes. :)

1 / 3