Where to Start... 3 Year Old and Activities

I am looking for an activity for my 3 year old. She is in a home daycare during the school year while I teach but during the summer I like to get her into an activity. She has done tumbling for 2 years and really liked it. It was a Mom and Me class. She LOVES to dance and has mentioned soccer. When is the best time to get her into something¿ Where would you start- continue with gymnastics, try dance or soccer¿ (Sorry for my ¿- my keyboard won't switch back). Also, I would like to get her into it soon but with my job it is difficult to get her to classes.

Would love any recommendations!

Oh- what about a singing group or music group¿ Anything in the metro area of Denver¿ 

So... just wanted to add that I am not going to be doing all these things this summer. Just wondering where to start and if anyone has a specific place we can try¿ And... I only do it during the summer (maybe starting it in the spring). It's not like I am going to be running her around like crazy. We did tumbling the last two summers- once a week for 40 minutes only in the summer! Just thought I would clarify.

Anyway, thanks for the ideas. If you live in Colorado and have a recommendation for a soccer place or dance place I would love to hear about it! Thanks!

I think swimming lessons are the most important "activity" a 3 year old should be doing. Anything individual or done in a group, that is fun, loose, and not too regimented would be good. Maybe something creative like a music or dance class. I would not recommend soccer or a team type thing... too much inactivity, stagnant time, too much instruction, etc. for a 3 year old's attention span.

Check your local parks and rec district.

At this age, our top 3 classes were: Gymnastics, Soccer and Swimming lessons!

My 3 year old is in preschool gymnastics (which is not mommy n me, but I do sit and watch) and she loves it! She is begging to do soccer next so we are signing her up for Kinderkick in the spring through the YMCA. When her brother was this age he was in a jazz and tap class that he LOVED (lordy he was cute in the recitals!) and he was in a Kindermusic class that he LOVED. That one was a little expensive but he did it for 2 years and got a lot out of it - he was then and still is really into music! Swimming lessons (mommy and me) are also fun for this age - both our kids have loved them. Many of the classes where I live have an early evening option for the parents who work.

i feel like you're overthinking this. activities starting 2 years ago, and she's only 3? just put her in one and call it good - if it was me i would do tumbling or maybe dance since she's familiar with that type of class. or heck, try soccer. at age 3 it's more about having fun and getting physical activity, than really "what" she's doing.

In this town there is one activity that is offered for ages 3-4 through the rec program each season, that's what we do and it's honestly all they need. They also go to preschool 3 days/week. The rest of the time is filled with playdates, library story hour and just playing at home which they love. Don't run yourself ragged trying to get her to all these activities at such a young age, just wait til she's older!

http://lilallstars.org/

They do no pressure toddler activities like sports and dance and even do family yoga and zumba classes in the Aurora and Littleton area. My kids have been doing activities with them for a year now and its a good atmosphere and I recommend it.

I started at 6 months with music, mom and me classes, Gymboree, etc. By 3 we did everything under the sun and 4 hours of preschool 4 days a week. There is a lot out there!

For summer we tended to do a daily summer camp.

I found out that staying at home was awful! We loved activities at that age!

1 / 3