Where to Go to See Christmas Lights?

Longview has a really neat display it sounds, but it's so far away. Where else can you drive around to see lots of lights the kids will like? Mine are 3 year old twins. Does Shawnee Mission Park do them?

KC Parent magazine has a list of some places.

http://www.kcparent.com/index.php?option=com_content&...

http://www.KCKidsFun.com has a list of holiday lights all around KC. Scroll down, it's about half way down the page. I believe Shawnee Mission Park stopped doing their display a few years after Longview started.

Here are a few off the top of my head:
Plaza
House off of 75th & Falmouth in Prairie Village, KS
CandyCane Lane off of 79th & Outlook (East of Lamar and West of Mission) in Prairie Village, KS

Geez, I just drive around local neighborhoods. But I hear Crown Center, Zona Rosa (NKC), and the Plaza are all FABULOUS places to see lights. Longview is a line up in the car and wait to drive through to see the lights...so if someone has to go potty...well you may have a problem. People start lining up for the Longview lights well before dark sets in! So if you are going to do it, by all means get there early and I'd pick a weekday over a weekend.

i have heard a commercial on the radio for shawnee lake, they said there's a two mile drive out there somewhere. i have been meaning to look it up online. i'm new to this area too (at least my son is, lol) and i'm determined to find some good ones this year. last year we kinda "winged it" and it was pretty disappointing. i'll be watching this to see what people come up with!

We have driven through neighborhoods. We drove out to shawnee mission park because they usually have lights but they dont this year for some reason !!! Good luck !

The Country Club Plaza has a great Christmas Lights display. The buildings are all covered and there are plenty of fun things to see and do. Also, next Friday night at 7:00 the Plaza Library will be having a holiday music show so you can see the lights and then come to the library for a sing along with The La Las. It should be very fun!

L.,
Yes, Shawnee Mission Park always has a very nice display! Hmm I just saw someone else say that they didn't have them this year, that is strange because they always do the park up very nice.

Shawnee Mission Park has them but think it cost money. Longview has more lights and is free but they do take donations at the end if you can donate but not required. IMO it is better. I usually take my kids 2-3 times a year and they always enjoy it. We even went on opening night at Longview with the fireworks display and is one of the busiest nights but only took about an hour to go through with all that traffic. You can also drive around the plaza. You can also go on Metcalf and there is a really cool display at one of the businesses there that plays Transiberean Music and the lights change to the beat of the music.

1 / 3