Where to Go for a Girls' Weekend Between Austin & Dallas, or in DFW?

I'm getting together with two of my oldest girlfriends for a girls' weekend at the end of April. We're trying to figure out where to go. They live in Austin, and I'm in Allen. We're wanting to do 1 or 2 weekend nights, and can go anywhere between or around Austin & DFW. I just moved to Allen last summer, so I haven't been to most day-trip destinations here. We're up for outdoorsy things (hiking, etc), spa treats, and/or exploring new places. This is a chance to get away without husbands or babies, so we're o.k. with splurging a little bit. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

A really good weekend idea is San Antonio on the River Walk. Stay at the La Mansion. It is fabulous and you guys can go to the mall on the Riverwalk and cool places to eat.

http://www.roughcreek.com/

roughcreek lodge is near glenrose and is a really nice place. they have a fantastic dining area with huge vaulted ceilings and great food. next to that is an enormous fireplace with a comfy sitting area and relaxing bar with lots of boardgames (chess, checkers, etc.). the rooms are really luxurious as are the bath products. they have a spa on site as well as a pool. you can fish on the lake right outside the lodge or do things like horseback riding, skeet shooting, etc. dinosaur valley and fossil rim are right near there too for hiking and outdoor fun. you can also mountain bike nearby. we spent our first anniversary there for the weekend and really enjoyed ourselves.

hope you have a fun time with your friends!!

OK, I second the Fredericksberg (spelling) idea. My sister in law and I went and had a BLAST! You drive through the hill country to get there and it is so pretty. The town is a little old town with great shopping, winery's, restaurants, etc. We stayed at a hotel that is only a few years old that is actually a spa. We we close to everything within walking distance.

It will be more of a drive for you, but not bad for the girls in Austin.

Have fun!

Unfortunately there isn't much in between. How about Grapevine? You could stay at the Gaylord Texan, maybe take a winery tour and get spa treatments there. It's a great place.

There are a lot of neat bed and breakfast type places in the hill country... Waco and the surrounding area. Also, San Marcos is really nice.. surely there are a ton of places on the river or around the Canyon Lake area.??

Fredericksburg, TX is tons of fun with a lot to do. My husband and I have gone there a couple of times for long weekends. They have great shopping, good restaurants, spas and outdoor activities. They also have several local wineries that are worth checking out. My favorite was Becker vineyards. We stayed at the old house located on the property. It is very secluded at night as you are the only ones on the property. http://www.beckervineyards.com/

Check it out!
http://www.fredericksburg-texas.com/

I second Rough Creek Lodge. It would be almost equadistant for you and your friends..I believe that it's about 60mi away near Glenrose, TX. It's a lot of fun whether you do or do not want to do the outdoorsy thing. The food is fabulous and the staff really take care of you. This would also give you the opportunity to check out things in Glenrose. I know that they have a dinosaur park. Have a great time wherever you go!!

Try checking out the Sundance Square website(Fort Worth)for fun things to do. Also, maybe you might like the Meyerson Symphony, or you could try Ticketmaster and see what events are taking place in April. Maybe there's a play or concert that you would enjoy.
Also, you've got the Fair Park area-museaums, musicals, etc. Plus, the Body Worlds exhibit is in Dallas through May.

It sounds like so much fun to get away for a few days. Enjoy!

1 / 3