Where to Get a Check up W/out Health Insurance

Hi, I do not have health insurance and would like to go in for a yearly "well woman" check up. What are my options? Where can I go for an inexpensive check up? I live in Sun Valley, near Burbank. Thanks!

Many offices will reduce the cost of an exam if you have no insurance. If you have a doctor you like, it's worth it to call and ask if they will give you a different price if you pay cash. I've received some services at almost half the cost.

Planned Parenthood is also good (and close to you), but from my experience they will charge you based on income, or in my case, I said how much I had in the bank, even though I was unemployed.

I used to go to the "Family Planning" on Victory - just south of the 5fwy, near the MacDonalds. They were very nice & did thorough exams....I just paid what I could afford (which wasn't much!). You can Google family planning & I'll bet you'll get a lot of info to help you out.

Good luck, Mama!

Call Every Woman Counts. They do free breast exams, mammograms and pap smears. Their # is: 800-511-2300. They will ask you a few questions to see if you qualify. This program is for women with no health insurance. Good luck.

There is a womens clinic on Pico blvd in Century City.
They are pleasant and helpful and the offices are clean.
you will be asked to fill out forms and they will charge you according to your earnings.
Here's the phone no.
###-###-####
You could ask them there if they know of a facility closer to your house.

Might also want to try Planned Parenthood. They do low cost & no cost examinations and birth control for women without insurance.

www.plannedparenthood.org

916 W. Burbank Blvd. #M
Burbank, CA 91502
(888) 633-0433

google free clinics and see if you find one close to you. there are free clinics around where you can pay by donation. I went to a free clinic for my yearly 'female checkups' for 5 years, until I got health insurance. I was always treated very respectfully.

good luck.

1 / 3