Where to find prenatal yoga classes in Thousand Oaks Ventura, CA

Hi moms,

Do any of you know of a good yoga studio/class that offers prenatal classes for expecting moms, in Ventura County (Thousand Oaks area)?

Summary

Read the article for other local moms' recommendations.

You cannot get any better than Robin at True Yoga. She is the best! She also teaches natural childbirth classes through Los Robles Hospital. She has tons of experience and cares about every mom-to-be that she works with.

Absolutely!! Robin Gruver teaches at True Yoga in Westlake Village.She's the best and the studio is beautiuful!!
I practiced with her the second I knew I was pregnant until a month before delivery!!
Enjoy this special time!!

OM

I'm new to the area so I can't recommend specific classes. I can, however, give another bit of advice. There are a few stretches that you should do EVERY day. The first and probably the most important is squatting to open up the pelvic area. If you already do yoga, you know how to do this properly. If not, a prenatal instructor can show you. The second pose I recommend is standing in front of a wall at arm's distance and leaning forward to stretch your back and the back of your legs (make your back flat but keep it and your arms straight). The third one is standing straight, put your hands on the small of your back with fingertips pointing down, and gently lean back, being careful not too overstretch your neck or lose your balance. This one stretches your hips as well as your back.

We were financially a bit "stretched" (no pun intended) when I was pregnant the first time around (we lived in San Francisco...everything is so bloody expensive there), so I only took prenatal yoga classes sporadically. I did my regular yoga classes for awhile until it wasn't comfortable anymore. I did the poses named above every day, along with walking as much as I could. And I had an excellent, smooth delivery (and all natural). The squats are really important: I squatted also during labor and I really think that contributed to the smooth delivery.

No, I bought some dvd's and swear by them. I had no pg. symptoms, didn't need any drugs in delivery... recovered back to my regular body SO quickly after birth... Good luck.

1 / 3