Where to Find Natural, Unsweetened Peanut Butter

My dietician told me to use "Nutter butter," a brand of natural peanut butter, instead of peanut butter. But I can't find it anywhere! I looked in the aisles of Jewel, Dominicks, Walmart...I did find "sunflower butter" and "light" peanut butter, but not a natural peanut butter.

Sunset Foods would have that. Maybe not that specific brand, but they have lots of organic/no preservative foods. They're in Northbrook and Highland Park, and there are a couple of other farther-flung stores.

Have you tried looking into Fruitful Yeilds or Whole Foods? I know they carry natural & organic foods..

Smuckers makes a a brand of Natural Peanut Butter that you can find at Jewel, it's in the Peanut Butter aisle, usually near the jelly's. You can also get it at any of the natural food stores, Whole foods, Wild Oats, Trader Joe's.

Wild Oats and Whole Foods

Actually Costco's Kirkland brand carries an organic creamy peanut butter that tastes really good. Its ingredients are organic peanuts and organic palm oil, but it does contain salt. My two-yr-old loves it!

I don't know about that particular brand, but we always get "natural" peanut butter. Trader Joes has good organic PB, and Whole Foods does too. Plus, peanuts are one of those foods that's really good to get organic, so I would look for that (non-organic versions have a lot of pesticides). WF is better if you want unsalted. TJ's is better if you want a salted version.

Erika:
not sure what "nutter butter" is but peanut butter is easy to make with raw unsalted peanuts. there is also almond and cashew butters available...

I think you would find these at whole foods/ sunset or home economist.

P., RLC, IBCLC
Pres. Lactation Support Group, Inc
www.lactationsupportgroup.com

Maybe you can try whole food is a natural market, most of the food there is Organic, try to find organic stores in the internet and call them before you go to the places. good luck

1 / 3