Where to find Mardi Gras King Cake in Dallas, TX?

I am from Louisiana and need my Mardi Gras King Cake! I don't want to pay to ship one here, so I was wondering if any of you know of bakeries who sell these in teh Dallas area. The only place I've found them so far is Central Market and Kroger, the first of which I am trying today. Anyone seen them other places? Thanks.

Summary

Please read the article for more local recommendations.

Tom Thumb grocery store had them last year although I don't know how good their bakery items are.

The La Madeline at Preston & NW Hwy has them!

wow! welcome! I know it's frustrating to try to find something authentic in a place so far from home. know where I could get some good chicken and dumplings? haha. kidding.

my only other suggestion would be Dodie's down on greenville avenue (at richmond). if they don't sell them (possible) then they may know where to get a good one.

I believe La Madeleine sells King Cakes.

Try Whole Foods Market. I saw several in the bakery at the Lower Greenville one. Good luck and happy Mardi Gras!

You could check at any La Madeleine -- there are several locations. They provided King cakes for my daughter's school when shen attended the International School.

1 / 3