Where to Find Fat Pencils for Kindergarten?

I have been looking for Fat Pencils for daughters kindergarten supply list and can't find them or maybe I just don't know what I am looking for? I thought they were the thicker red pencils with no eraser. All I find at office stores, walmart, target etc. is fat pencils that look like number 2 pencils but just a tiny bit thicker and with erasers. Could you help me out if you know where to find these

thanks for all the responses.

I just saw some at Staples in Plainfield the other day. They looked just like the ones that I used as a kid and I haven't seen them in years.

I've always found them at Walmart. The ones I've purchased are not red though. They are the same yellow color. They are the fat ones, just not red

I think the ones we always bought were the regular looking ones that were bigger around and had erasers. Sometimes the Dollar store has those, and our grocery store always carried those and Big Chief tablets for some reason. That might just be a small town thing. :)

Ticonderoga also makes the big black ones that are flat on the sides (triangular prisms, essentially), with a point at one end and an eraser at the other. They come 2 or 3 to a pack, and contain a sharpener with a bigger opening than for standard pencils. The triangular shaped pencils are WONDERFUL for little kids. Heck, even for grown ups! ;)

Here's a link for a pack of 12:
http://www.staples.com/Dixon-Ticonderoga-Black-Pencil-2-D...

The teachers store may also have them - like The Chalkboard.

Yes, the "Ticonderoga" pencils, are thick. The kind you need.

E-bay has it.
Online places.
That is where I got mine. But, that was awhile ago, when my eldest was in Kinder.

Actually, at my kids' school, even for Kinder, they do not ask for the 'fat' pencils. They just ask for regular #2 pencils.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TICONDEROGA-13082-TRI-WRITE-BEGINNER-...
http://cgi.ebay.com/12-DIXON-13308-TICONDEROGA-BEGINNERS-...

well i dont no wat red pencils with no eraser u r talking about but the fat pencil on the supply list are the fatter pencils that look like regular number 2 pencils.

I saw some fat/beginner pencils at Staples, the same ones you're referring to, and I think those are the ones the teacher wants you to buy.

taraconda?? are at Target, Office Max, Office Depot, Walmart(in regular supplies)

1 / 3