Where to find a good children salon in Tampa, FL?

My son just turned one and really needs his hair cut. Does anyone know of a good kid salon? I know about the one in Brandon but that is really far away. I live in the Westchase/Town-N-County area. Thanks!

Summary

There are many recommendations from different parents, check out the article for more details.

Dear E.,
Another good one is Family Style on W. Waters Ave. just west of Dale Mabry Hwy. They have a car that the child can sit in. They do a great job (and quick too). and cheap!! K.

There is that new one geared to men - "Big League". My husband checked it out. They have TV's which may be a good distraction. It's next to Cork & Olive on the corner of Racetrack and Hillsborough.

I just recently found out about a kids salon in the International mall. Their name is Short Cuts. They are located by Burdines. Their number is ###-###-####. They have both reg chairs or cars. They have a little play area while waiting although their wait is not long just a few minutes. They have tv's with DVD players. They were great when trying to distract my daughter from her 1st haircut. Since she was still upset they got her hair cut quick without her getting more upset. Once her hair was done she was sprinkled with fairy dust she did like that. Even though my son was not getting his hair done they gave him attention also. I liked that they did not leave him out. They talked and played with him a little.

Great Clips is really good with Children!
We also live in the area and we go to the one at Fletcher And Dale Marby beside CiCi's & PetsMart.

Hi E.!

I know of two kids hair cutting places. The first is probably far for you - It's called Cool Cuts, and it's in New Tampa. We live in Land O' Lakes, but drive there to get his hair cut cause he likes it so much! They have video games, movies, etc. to entertain them while they get their hair cut. Here's the address:

1281 Bruce B. Downs Blvd. #106
Wesley Chapel, 33543
###-###-####
M-F 10-7, Sat 9-7, Sun 11-4
www.coolcuts4kids.com

The other is called Sweet & Sassy (www.sweetandsassy.com), and the have 2 locations in Tampa that I copied and pasted below. It looks girlish, but boys have a fun time there too!

7928 Gunn Highway
Citrus Park, FL 33626
Phone: (813)792-KIDS(5437)
Email: ____@____.com

Riverstone Shoppes of Parkland
7251 North State road 7
Parkland, FL 33067
Phone: (954)757-1FUN(1386)
Email: ____@____.com

Hope this helps!!

N. :-)

1 / 3