Where to Buy the Cheapest Organic Milk

I want to switch my son to organic milk, but it is sooo expensive. He can go through about 1.5 gallons a week.
I was at Whole Foods and their 365 brand was not much more than Deans milk, but I was at Jewel today and the organic was $6.50 a gallon. Yes it is a small price to pay for something good for my son, but I was wondering if there is a cheaper place to buy it since I don't shop at Whole Foods often. Is one brand cheaper than the other? Not going to be to pickey on the brand just looking for something cheaper.

Thanks in advance!

Check Trader Joe's and see what their prices are. Some things there are actually cheaper than the regular grocery stores.

I hear that Meijers is cheap if you live near one (I don't.) Target (the ones that have a grocery section) usually has a good price, but all their organic brands are ultrapasteurized (my kids won't drink ultrapasteurized milk.) And I noticed that one of the discount grocers - Ultra Foods maybe? - had organic gallons in their last sales flyer, which surprised me to see. So maybe there will be some competition in the organic area - would be nice.

Jewel definitely has the highest prices on milk, unless they are having a sale. We used to buy Oberweiss, but we go through so much milk (2 boys - about a gallon every 2 days) and it's hard to keep hunting down the good deals and in the brands they will drink. Mostly I buy the brands without artificial hormones lately (costco, dean foods) and hope for the best. But you're right to buy organic - they say it's one of the most important products to buy organic if you can.

I woudl like to warn you I have bought organic milk twice from Meijer adn both times it was BAD! So be careful!!

I get our milk with an organic fruit and veggie delivery from www.tcforganics.net. I have found them to be reasonable (About the same as anywhere and it comes in glass!)

I also love it because I don't have to lug my kids to the store which helps alot!!

I had looked into this a while back and have been buying milk that doesn't have artificial hormones added, but they aren't organic...the Meijer's brand, Prairie Farm (Caputo's and Target) and the Costco brand. I also just read on-line that the Wal Mart brand is free from the hormones too.

1 / 3