Where to Buy Stylish Clothing for 18 Year Old Guys?

Hi moms:
I wanted to ask some advice. I know where to shop for my two older daughters but my 18 year old son is a different story. He is super busy during the week and only has weekends to shop (and doesn't like to shop either!) and needs some nice outfits (not a suit) for some upcoming events. He is tall, athletic and slender (6'1 about 160 pounds or so.. )

and I believe he may need some pants that can be tailored on site as length is an issue. I can not fit him in regular stores as length is a problem. I have placed a call to Macy's and I'm inquirying about their personal shopper services. I'm not even sure what is in these days for young guys his age.

Has anyone had good luck for their husbands/boyfriends at any men's clothing store or department store. I'm looking for good customer service!! help!

I have a very stylish 23 year old cousin who shops at the buckle & express men. He's 6'3'' and buys his jeans there too.

Land's End had very nice pants and if you know the size they will tailor them for you.

You can't go wrong with Kohl's, as they have sizes for Large/T and X'Large/T, since your son is tall and they have pants with longer length also. Check out JC Penny's they always have sizes you may need. Actually, I'm selling a lot of my son's excellent clothing size Large & XL, if interested respond to my email.

J Crew is a little more expensive, but they do have a sale section and do tailoring on-site (at least they did my pants at Woodfield a couple of years ago).

Go to K&G - they have classic and trendy clothes (in multiple definitions of trendy, no less!). They also have on-site tailoring and tall sizes (my hubby is 6'6" and we've had good luck with him). Kids might like Hollister and American Eagle, but if he needs nice clothes for an upcoming event, please do not fool him into thinking those are appropriate - you've got a teaching moment here!!! (I have taught HS and college, and I was horrified at what 18 year olds thought was appropriate for college/job interviews or to visit a professional place on a tour...)

Nordstrom! They have great sales and their customer service is wonderful. For more casual clothes, Ambercrombie and Old Navy are great and affordable.

The Buckle has really nice jeans and shirts and I am almost positive they do altering on your pants in store. Might want to call and ask first about that...either way though my brother is 6'3'' and he shops there. Also Abercrombie..but they pricey in my opinion...but they do have very nice clothes.

Don't forget VonMawr department store or Men's Warehouse--both pride themselves on service & also tayloring.

1 / 3