Where to Buy Shorts for Under Skirts

I need to find some biker type shorts for my daughter to wear under her dresses/skirts to kindergarten (for modesty when she hangs upside down on the monkey bars, etc). She wears a 4 or 5. Where can I find these? I have never seen them in stores in her size, and I'm worried it's too late in the season anyway. My daughter is VERY picky about being comfortable. (I don't blame her because she has eczema), so regular shorts won't do; they are too bulky.

If you found some, could you please mention WHEN you saw them. Every where I look on the internet, they are out of stock.

Bike shorts at Children's Place or you can order these on-line http://www.monkeybarbuddies.com. My daughter has worn both and either works fine.

I don't see them anymore, but here's my solution. Buy some black leggings and cut the legs off. I have made several pairs just like that for my daughter, and they've never unraveled or fallen apart or anything. They just look like regular biker shorts.

From Gymboree, they have "bike shorts." Girls, routinely use these for under their dresses or skirts. My daughter included.

BUT, I ALSO taught my daughter, from when she was 2-3 years old, to keep her legs closed with her dress/skirt covering her crotch, when wearing dresses or skirts, and to be careful if/when on a playground jungle gym.

just go online to Gymboree or those other stores the other women mentioned below.
The Gymboree Bike shorts, are 100% cotton and very cute and comfortable and even my picky daughter, liked them.
Here is the link:
http://www.gymboree.com/index.jsp
And input "bike shorts" in the search bar.

OR, go to E-bay and they have them there too.

I bought some nice form fitting pairs at The Children's Place cuz I was having the same issue. They have tons of colors and they weren't too expensive. They are part if their 2 for items.

We buy ours at The Children's Place, if you don't have one near you, you can go to their website and order some. My daughter wears them under almost all dresses and skirts. They have various colors and good prices. Today they are offering FREE shipping....they do promotions all the time.

Dance shops
Gymnastics shops
Amazon

(all of the above are year round)

Here is the link:
http://www.gymboree.com/index.jsp

Gymboree has them. I just bought a pink pair a few weeks ago.

We buy them anywhere we see them - Target, thrift stores, WalMart, Children's Place...usually we buy leggings or cotton shorts, though, not biker shorts.

1 / 3