Where's a Good Place to Buy Children's Furniture?

Can anyone recommend good places to buy children's furniture? We've tried Rooms to Go, The Dump, and don't want used furniture. Thanks :)

i get my kids' stuff from pottery barn. yes, it is expensive but will last.
their beds that they had until now, full size we got from step2.com the castle bed. so pretty but my kids wanted something more adult-like, so we got a bunkbed from pottery barn kids.
their toddler bed came from ikea. it was just ok. i put up with it for about 6 months and that was it. just did not like the quality

The funny thing is we didn't buy "kids' furniture" for our kids. We bought adult furniture since it's usually cheaper than kids. We found sets on sale and purchased queen/full size beds for both of them. We save $600 on our son's furniture and spent about $1200 for our daughter's furniture. I also figured that since I do not believe in toddler beds, that I could sleep with either child if I needed/wanted to... their beds are large enough. The only problem is to find bedding to fit that are for children... it's not that hard, but it's not super easy.

Pottery Barn for children, Ikea.

we bought a pottery barn bunk bed great.. expensive but will last forever.. then costco online great childrens furniture.

We went to a reputable furniture store for my daughter's set. I have also gone ot antique stores and auctions. I don't buy particleboard and try to stay away from pine.

Hi H.,
I recently bought "big girl" furniture on-line from JCPenney and I LOVE it! It's heavy duty and very pretty. Her nursery furniture also was from JCP and it was great too. And if you time it right, you can get really good deals and free shipping.

IKEA! It's decent quality at a very affordable price.

Our daughter is 15 and we refuse to go cheap. We buy quality...the best we can afford at the time. You get what you pay for.

We got her set from Haverty's. The desk, dresser chest, book shelf, 2 chairs were purchased one at a time as we needed them.

We started out with essentials for baby and grew the room with her for more storage, bookshelf, desk, etc.

About 4 yrs ago, while looking for a bed frame, she happened to see a beautiful huge cherrywood heavy duty frame at Weirs. Of all things, it was on sale!! It was a $2000 bed frame and it was marked to $400 because it was too big for most rooms. Well, her room is huge and it made her room. Her other furniture is white and the bedframe is cherrywood but that did not matter to her so we got it.

Both Haverty's and Weir's pieces have heold up very well and we've had no issues with them.

1 / 3