Where Is Your Favorite Place to Take Your Little One?

With the weather so hot here in AZ I was just looking for some new places to take my son during the day Would love to hear where you like to spend your days with your little ones. One place we do like to go is the Arizona Museum for Youth in Mesa. They have a great area for kids under 4. My son loves it!! I would definitely recommend it.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I will definitely try out some of these places in the near future.

Have you tried the Phoenix Children's Musuem also. The Zoo is also good if you get there when it opens. The Riparian area is also good, early in the morning. Then you can go to the Library.

I have a 3 1/2 month old and yesterday I rode with another SAHM to Ikea. That was a pretty cool place to take kids. It got us out of the house but also out of the heat. It was a nice place for her four and five year olds because there was a cool play area and their kids meals are super cheap. Plus, there was an area within the family restroom with a nice comfy chair where I could nurse my baby so we didn't have to feel rushed to fit the trip in between feedings. We'd been stuck in the house a lot so I think my baby was fascinated by all the escalators to ride and people to stare at. It was great.

I take my 6 year old daughter to the Tempe Beach Park. There are tons of kids there and its free. We bring a dollar for a snow cone and we bring our lunch for a picnic. There are kids as younge as your son there. There are 2 small water slides a sandbox and lots of other free water toys. Like the jets that shoot out of the ground. its on Ash and Rio Salado PKWY its a blast for my daughter.

Here are a few great places:
Amazing Jake's in Mesa: http://amazingjakes.com/
Makutu's Island in Chandler: http://makutusisland.com/
Way 2 Play Cafe in Chandler: http://way2playcafe.com/

Enjoy!
R.
www.itssoynatural.com

I just went to the Arizona Museum for Youth in Mesa, which was very enjoyable and stimulating. It has a fun section for the under 5 crowd. Espee Spray Pad is a free water park in Chandler Between McQueen and AZ Ave on Knox, I believe.
I also sometimes take my son to the playground at the mall. Most malls around here have indoor kid play areas, and some have a merry-go-round as well. Way-to-play Cafe is also fun (Mcqueen and Germann Rd). My son loved the indoor playground and ball pit and slide. He played for 3 hours and I had to drag him away because it was naptime. It also has a padded area for crawlers.

And of course we go swimming. The public pools are fun with a kiddie area if you don't have your own pool.

There is a park in Tempe that my sister always took the kids...It's like a water park and a reg park all in one...there is a place for the kids to play in the water(and do different things)but there is also swings a slide and stuff like that. I also like taking my 5yr old to the river or to a nearby lake to go fishing. At the river there is a little spot (like a little kiddie lake)that they are safe playing in and they fish for minnows.it's water so I still watch my kids like a hawk but I know that she is not going to get swept up by the currents...

AZ Museum For Youth www.amfy.com
Way 2 Play Cafe www.way2playcafe.com
Amazing Jakes www.amazingjakes.com
Toy Town www.aztoytownplaycenter.com
Makutu's Island www.makutusisland.com

Also try Parks:
www.chandleraz.gov
With Spray Pads:
- Chuparosa Park
- Desert Breeze Park
- Espee Park

New Playground
-Tumbleweed Park - Playtopia (covered)

Other places check out www.azactivekids.com

We've been to the Arizona Puppet Theater in Phoenix which was alot of fun: http://www.azpuppets.org/ You could also do story time at the library or bookstores. Check out their websites for dates and times. I've never been to this place but it looks fun and it's been on my todo list for a while. They have a toddler play area: http://www.makutusisland.com/

1 / 3