Where Is 375 Degrees on a Stove Top Dial?

If directions state "heat pan to 375 degrees..." where do you turn the knob to? If the knob starts at LO 2 3 4... 9 HI, where do you set it?
thanks

I made frozen hash browns. It clearly stated for stovetop cooking "heat pan to 375 degrees". I'm not using a thermometer, it's not that big a deal. I was just wondering what my 'peoples' thought ;)

Maybe those directions were for an electric skillet. I have one, and it has actual numbers on the dial. Otherwise, I have no idea. I avoid cooking, and this would be another reason why.

There is no "375" on the dial. You have to use a thermometer.

Haha, thank you for asking this! I have no flippin clue!

Its for a electric skillet, but I would say about medium-high or 6/7 on your stove top. I'm sure its cooked by now anyway. Hope it turned out alright.

Heat pan on stove to 375? That's odd....sounds like an oven temp to me. Can the pan go into a 375 oven until it's hot?

I have no idea...I'd use a cooking thermometer to test it, starting at 5.

Try about a seven. Three hundred is what used to be called a moderate oven. Three seventy five is moving toward hot. Four hundred and above is definitely hot.

GOOD question!

What are you making anyway?

Use a thermometer? In the dish?

Our stove top knobs, don't have numbers on them. Just low/medium low/medium/medium high etc.

1 / 3