Where Do You Shop for Clothing and Why Do My Pants Keep Falling Down???

Ok, so I guess my question is 2-part. Please don't laugh at me--this is a serious question! I'm curious where most people shop for womens clothing. I am soon-to-be 33 years old and feel like I don't know where to find clothes anymore. I don't want to break the bank, but I have difficulty finding my size. I have lost some weight recently and am rather thin. I didn't think I was unusually so, but I am finding it difficut to find clothing that fits properly. For example, I can't seem to find jeans that aren't constantly riding down my hips (or lack thereof) and I keep having to pull them up. I thought my jeans must just be too big, so I bought them smaller but still have the same problem. Is this just the way low-rise jeans are supposed to fit? Petite sizes don't really work for me because I'm not all that short (5'5"). I have trouble finding my size in department stores unless I go to the juniors section, but those clothes are mostly way too young looking for me. So far my best bet seems to be Ann Taylor Loft, but the "pants falling down" thing seems to happen the worst with my stuff from there. Where do you shop? Thanks.

It is the awful "below the waist" style! I can't stand it!! For me, they cause muffin top AND show plumbers crack if I don't wear a belt!
Lands End.com has pants with what they call the traditional fit that sit on the waist. Kohls online also had some pants that sit on the waist.

You're pants fall down, because the style today is that infernal low waist style, I have to keep hiking them up, so I went back to regular normal waist jeans, and lo and behold, they stay up!
I shop at kohls

you suffer from flat @ss syndrome?? all pants will also give you high butt crack syndrome?? nothing helps, just get a good belt and longer shirts :)
get one day off from kids and go shopping, try on jeans/pants everywhere and when you find something that fits well buy several pairs, but make sure if they are jeans they arnt the kind that stretch out after wearing them for 2 hours giving you the same falling down effect :)
i only say this from personal experience of the topic haha.. it stinks! lol.. good luck!

I haven't read all the replies yet - but MY PANTS FALL DOWN TOO!!!! I have been thinking about modifying my pants to 'toddler' like pants - you know the kind that have the buttons and stretchy tab parts? That you can size up or down at a whim? Am I explaining them right?

I'm so tired of them falling down! okay, now back to reading!!

I shop at kohls

Have you tried White House, Black Market? I am not sleder so I am not sure where to lead you but I have always wanted to shop there!! I would also take the jeans into an alterations shop and see what they have to say about the fit.

I'm not super thin, and I definitely have hips, BUT, I have the same falling down pants problem ever since pregnancy ALL jeans, low or high, just fall down! Is it because I no longer have a waist or something? For a while I was always wearing tunics or dresses over pants, just so no one could see my ever-popping-out-plumber's-crack every time I bent over (which is all the time with toddlers). Even pre-pregnancy jeans that fit again, and didn't used to fall down, would fall down. ??!! Finally I got wise. You just need a belt. The only jeans I don't wear a belt with are some super high rise Levis' I got from Urban outfitters, like stupidly high for the "high waist" trend a couple of years ago, and I wear shirts long enough to cover the stupid high waist, but at least they hold my belly in which is sort of nice. All other jeans: Belt. Now they don't fall down. Even the hip huggers. If you don't want to go all over h___ and back trying on jeans, order up a few from Zappos.com and return the ones you don't want. They have all brands and are super quick and easy with returns. Look for brands and styles that specify "high rise"

BUCKLE!!!! Best place for jeans without a doubt. I am also 33 and amd trying to figure out why I have not heard of it before now. LOL Anyway, you go in and you pretty much have your own personal attendant who will measure your waiste and inseam to determine the size you need. Many can do it just by looking at you (know what size you need). It's mostly based on inches, instead of 8,10, 12, 14 etc.. I have always had an issue with my back side of my waist puckering. (smaller waist with larger booty and hips) For once, I don't have an issue with that and I love they way they make my tooshy look! So does my hubby! :)

They can get pricey but try to stay with the BKE brand to stay under $100

I promise that you will love your shopping experience there...you feel kinda special getting called by your name. Buckle has trained their employees to give what is called "customer service"...not something we see alot of now days.

Clothing size and fit is certainly not an exact science, is it? For what it's worth, I'm 5'6", but I'm so doggoned short-waisted that I wear Petite sizes just on the top. On the bottom I wear regular sizes.

What store has the clothing you like best? If it's Ann Taylor Loft, go in (without children along) and ask for someone who can help you with fit. You aren't the only person who finds it all challenging, and a sales professional will be glad to take time for you if she realizes that you'll make a purchase if the size thing gets worked out. It could be that you'll find a solution; if not, ask her where you should look for pants, and stick with that store for the tops you like.

I'm not going to tell you where I shop because it won't help you - I'm way older than you are.

1 / 3