Where Do You Get Your Birth Certificate If Born Out of State?

Well I have to get my BC for Low income Housing right now so I can move out. Though I lived in nebraska all my life I was Born in a Kanas Hospital. I am not sure where to go to get my BC and I don't want to do it online. Don't trust most online places and I really don't have a credit card I can use to do it anyways. So what do I need to do. I can't really travel to KS so what other options do I have. I really need help with this because its going on longer and longer that I have to stay here with out my BC.

If you know the county you were born in, you can contact the office of vital statistics and they can tell you what to do.

Best wishes.

Instructions are here:

http://www.kdheks.gov/vital/birth_howto.html

Since you don't have a credit card you can use you are going to have to use a check or money order (for $15) and go through regular mail or priority mail.

You need to call the county where you were born. I ordered mine online, but I also called to make sure I had done everything correctly. They FedEx'd it to me in a couple of days. I live in MD and was born in Maine.

I am sure you can call them and give them your info on the phone but you will need to CC or have to mail a check which will take more time. Here in Michigan you can put money on a CC at Walmart and your credit doesn't have to be good I think they charge a small amount for using it but it would be worth it if you need it fast. If you have someone in your area you could give them the cash and ask that they give their information to the place for you. You might go to the local court house and ask they should be able to advise you on what to do to get it faster. Good Luck

I am getting right now the BC for my daughter, all I had to do is go to the DOH website of the Town she was born at, print out the form, fill it out and send it with the money order ( yes it will cost something) , in our case $25 by regular mail. Now we are waiting to get it. It is important to follow the instructions exactly or the request will be denied. We forgot to include the copy of my driver's licence the first time...This time I know we got everything right. Good luck

Here is the information you need for getting your birth certificate: http://www.kdheks.gov/vital/birth_howto.html

You can do it by mail, and will need to send $15. Give them as much information as you can (i.e. Full name, parents names, what hospital, city, county, etc). Be sure what you write has your signature. Even if you don't have a checking account you can get a money order for the right amount. Any bank can help you with that.

After you have your certified birth certificate be sure to keep it in a safe place. You'll likely need it at various times throughout your life.

Well I am pretty sure that you have to get your birth certificate from the state you were born in. If you don't trust online then your going to have to make some phone calls. You'll have to go online and find out where the records for that hospital's birth's are kept and then call them, request the birth certificate and most likely send a check in the mail.
I did order my daughter's birth certificate online from Massachusetts becasue i couldn't find hers and I paid more than I would have if I was in Massachusetts but I got it in the mail. (of course right after that I found my copy).

I just recently had to do this to get my drivers license in VA when we moved here from CA. I had to go online and fill out a form with the county, print it out and then mail it back to the county (I was born in Orange County) and also mail a check for $19. I was told it could take up to 8 weeks to get it. It took about 3 weeks and I had an original copy that was certified. So, just look on the county website from where you were born and get it that way. Or just call the county that you were born in and ask them
Sorry I haven't read other responses, so sorry if I'm just repeating others

Best wishes.

1 / 3