Where Do I Buy the Ice Packs the Hospital Gives You After Vaginal Delivery?

Help! I just got home from the hospital yesterday after having my baby Monday evening. Where can I find those long ice packs you put on top of your pad in your undies after a vaginal delivery? My bottom is still sore and I've used all but one of the extras I brought home. Ouch!

CONGRATULATIONS!
Shucks, they didnt have ice packs when I had my kids so I have no idea what you are talking about :(
One thing I did that felt really good tho was I kept a plastic pitcher in the bathroom and when I would go in to go pee I would take that pitcher of cool water and just pour it down the front of my "regions" while still sitting on the toilet and then dab it dry and spray Dermoplast down there. And never, EVER cough, lol!!

Buy a couple of bags of frozen peas! They can be reused...several times and are a lot cheaper. When I had pelvic floor issues I used them.

Our local hospital just uses newborn diapers that they ave dampen with water and then frozen. They fit just right in the perineal area. And keep you comfortable.

My doctors told me that you will heal faster without using the ice packs... but they wanted me to be comfortable so they had me using the dermoplast, and some st. johns wort pads to help with the swelling. My DD was 9lbs 12oz, so it took a while for everything to go back to 'normal'

I was going to say the same about the newborn diapers, but you can also wet and freeze a menstral pad. I also resorted to a frozen water bottle if I was laying down.

Darn it... I didn't get ice packs after my babies were born. Google them? I'm not sure how long it would take if you had to order them. You could also call the hospital and see if they know... :)

Congratulations on the new baby!

My sister found them online. I forget what they are called though :(

1 / 3