Where can I take my 5 months old for ear piercing?

I AM LOOKING FOR SOME REFERRALS ON WHERE TO TAKE MY 5 MONTH OLD TO GET HER EARS PIERCED.

Summary

Some moms took their child to the mall and have their ears pierced, while some moms took their child to the pediatricians to have them done, most important is to find a place that's safe and clean.

I took my daughter to Claire's in the mall. my OB/GYN recommended it. of course it's all sterile, but they pay attention to makingt them even too. Give her some tylenol before and use oragel or ambesol to numb her earlobes right before, and she may not even notice.

Here is my experience with piercing my girls' (now 5 & 7 yrs) ears. At 6 mos, I took my first born to a pediatrician (not our regular pediatrician; she didn't do piercings). Horrible experience! He used antiquated equipment...really didn't know what he was doing...and to boot-- the holes are not symmetrical (one is a little higher on the lobe than the other)!! It's not that noticeable, but nevertheless, they are not even. An "experienced" mom told me she had her daughters' ears pierced at the mall at an ear piercing kiosk. She said they are experienced-- that's all they do; they know how to do it and have all the proper equipment. That's what I did for my second daughter and the experience was extremely pleasant-- quick, thoughtful and above all-- the holes are even!!

Before you pierce, check with your pediatrician. With both, I waited until after their 6 mos immunizations.

I took mine to Claires and she was fine.Had hers pierced at 8 months though.

I had to take my daughter to her pediatrician to get her ears pierced.

You may want to ask at your Pediatrician's office. A lot of them do ear piercing.

My sister had her infant daughter's (2 or 3 months old) ear pierced at her pediatrician's office. You may want to check with your pediatrician to see if they offer this service.

i took my daughter to peircing pagoda at the mall i was impressed with there website and was happy with the experience
we had them peirced at 12 weeks
she is now 2 1/2 never been infected they are great

Check with your pediatrican, lots do it for their patients.

I would feel safer there than a claries boutique with a baby.

Hope this helps,
www.noahsarkworkshop.com/jodigilbert18

1 / 3